BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Librarian

I have liked this design since it was scratchbuilt, in my mind its more of a defensive weapon than an attacking war machine, like a re-locateable defence tower - as it fits quite well with TAU architecture rather than vehicle design.

My friend and I are working on a tau superheavy
    its going to be a kind of "flying saucer" design, like a giant drone, dropping down from the sky to release swarms of drones and close quarters fire.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by whitestar333 View Post
    I thought the Tau didn't use super-heavies? I remember hearing something about how they thought they are an inefficient use of resources...
    being cool overrides all other considerations

Inefficient or not, if some Tau engineers built that they would all stand around going 'yeeeaaahh, high three'

Really no 40k super heavies make sense, but they rock, so I am glad they are there.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 05-31-2010 at 05:03 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

That...is one very nice looking design!

I'm not sure I agree with the majority of the posters. Yeah, it is kind of cool looking but I don't think it fits with Tau at all. I imagine a Tau super-heavy would either be a skimmer (like all of their existing vehicles) or look something like a very large Crisis Battlesuit.

Totally disagree on this one (about tau never using super-heavy land vehicles), I think people are forgetting that Tau have cities with large towers and heavy urban environments. Surely you wouldnt have a flyer defending a Tau city with all its towers and tight streets, you would have mobile defence fortress that could easily navigate the cities, and hide behind structures.

(personally I think a giant crisis suit is a bit silly, what is this Robotech?! )

Lets not forget Tau utilize AI driven Turrets for defense as well as walking battlesuits.

Do the legs remind anyone else of hairdryers? Probably not...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

[QUOTE=chapterhousestudios;78795]Totally disagree on this one (about tau never using super-heavy land vehicles), I think people are forgetting that Tau have cities with large towers and heavy urban environments. Surely you wouldnt have a flyer defending a Tau city with all its towers and tight streets, you would have mobile defence fortress that could easily navigate the cities, and hide behind structures.
    QUOTE]
    I really dont think that thing could hide anywhere
    But anyways, Tau dont have to defend their cities with these big things. Sure they have their platform with some defensive weapons but the Tau would mainly leave their city behind (I think i read that in the codex, will check tomorrow) so that it wont be destroyed and the citizens will come back if the foe is eliminated. And if they have to defend they will use their infantry and battlesuits to do that.

Brother-Sergeant

Looks very awesome indeed. My friend and I, he plays Tau, have agree that if the Tau were to have a ground based super heavy, it would probably look like something from Armored Core. A giant mech bristling with weapons. And fast, can't forget that. Nothing near the size of the Titans, but fast enough to get in, shoot and get out before the titan can react.

Battle-Brother

Tau-Riffic!

It reminds me of ratchet and clank deadlock! good times good times

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Very ghost in the sheel looking.
    Damm I want Tachikoma's now!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast