BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Ultramarine Movie

I have just returned from the London MCM expo, ( it was bobbins), where they had a very proffesional stand for the promotion of the Ultramarines movie. They had images from the gallery on display, a couple of models painted by the eavy metal team and some computers they were getting people to sign up to the site on. They were also showing the teaser.
    The main producer was on hand and I did my best to get info out of him. I asked him about who the bad guys would be, but I got nothing. I said a couple of alien names to see if he reacted but nothing. They are really keen that their website, facebook and twitter sites are the only places to gain any info.
    The only scrap I got is that the Spacemarine in the trailer is a captain and is the character voiced by John Hurt.
    Sorry. I tried.

Librarian

This is an instance where GW's ongoing committment to utter and total media control is going to kick them in the teeth HARD. You DON'T ADVERTISE MOVIES THAT WAY. It leads to poor sales and a loss of interest over time. GW really needs to figure out that what works for little plastic army dudes isn't how the movie busines works--and sooner or later, Codex or somebody affiliated with them is going to be making a late-night call to Nottingham after a few beers wondering what dip**** isn't doing their job right.

First-Captain

This operation seems very, very seperate from the GW over lords from what I have heard.

I already lost intrest in the movie. I don't give a damn anymore. Any excitement that I had is gone. Maybe I am the only one so GW will not give a damn about me not caring anymore.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

That won't stop people blaming GW if it is not everything they want it to be and more. GW is responsible for everything up to and including the GFC.

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    This operation seems very, very seperate from the GW over lords from what I have heard.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    This is an instance where GW's ongoing committment to utter and total media control is going to kick them in the teeth HARD. You DON'T ADVERTISE MOVIES THAT WAY. It leads to poor sales and a loss of interest over time. GW really needs to figure out that what works for little plastic army dudes isn't how the movie busines works--and sooner or later, Codex or somebody affiliated with them is going to be making a late-night call to Nottingham after a few beers wondering what dip**** isn't doing their job right.
    I'm going to throw it out there that teasers and tight information control is EXACTLY how most movies are advertised in this early stage. I hate the way everyone complains about anything and everything that GW does. They're not perfect, but they still make the most popular gaming systems and some of the nicer models out there. If you don't like it, go find another gaming system.

Except it's not really early stage is it?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by evcameron View Post
    I'm going to throw it out there that teasers and tight information control is EXACTLY how most movies are advertised in this early stage.
    Do most teaser trailers require you to register on their website just to see it?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

When I first heard about this I was thinking "HOLY **** A 40K MOVIE!" then weeks after, "oh yay another drawing" then more and more non finished 3d models then a trailer that you have to be registered on the site just to see of what? Epic fighting? Awesome looking characters? Nope, a decent looking space marine standing still for a few seconds. I couldnt' care less about the movie right now, either way the World of Warcraft movie is going to make this one look like outdated crap.

Scout

Hey guys, I posted my experience on my blog.

it has a brief outline of what was said during the panel and a pretty interesting hint I got.

[URL="http://www.heresy-online.net/miscellaneous/ultramarines-movie-panel/"]Ultramarines Panel[/URL]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast