BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The managers in my area had the softcover mini-book for a few weeks now. (which is full color now btw...)

The hardcover book came in yesterday, and it is indeed as monstrous at they say it is. One cool thing though is the side of the book's pages are marked, almost like tabs. That way, once you get familiar with it you can easily flip to any section you need...pretty handy on a book that big.

*Edit: Also, it came with a piece of paper that was an errata to the book itself...wonder if that will be fixed by the actual printing haha...
    Last edited by CitizenZero; 06-11-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Fly Lord

Interesting, keep it up guys.

Everybody use this thread only for first hand information gathered from the WFB 8th edition book itself and comments on them.

No rumors in here, only hard facts.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Yeh big red it was the hardback version and as citizen zero says it is HUGE!!! could use it as a brick to build a house!

lol

yeh came with a multi language errata for one section regarding victory points

Chaplain

The rulebook is really big, I knew it was bigger than the previous one but it was still surprising. Full colour. Couldn't get much, they're doing a proper game using the new rules next week so we'll know everything then. I found out that they've redone the organisation for WHFB, it's now just percentages, minimum of 25% for core but you can have that 25% in a single unit, so if it's enough points you need only have one core choice, I think it's 25% max for each of the others(and yes you can have lords in games below 2000pts). Heard of this spell which turns your wizard into a dragon(!!!) and if you are beaten in combat but you outnumber the enemy then you count as stubborn. Oh, and the miscast table is going to be really horrible now apparently and they even suggested that there's gonna be a drawback to rolling irresistable force.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    Too bad the 2010 price increase put an end to my plans for my first WHFB army.
    Ebay ... with patience, you can get anything you want for any army for at least 50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    The rulebook is really big, I knew it was bigger than the previous one but it was still surprising. Full colour. Couldn't get much, they're doing a proper game using the new rules next week so we'll know everything then. I found out that they've redone the organisation for WHFB, it's now just percentages, minimum of 25% for core but you can have that 25% in a single unit, so if it's enough points you need only have one core choice, I think it's 25% max for each of the others(and yes you can have lords in games below 2000pts). Heard of this spell which turns your wizard into a dragon(!!!) and if you are beaten in combat but you outnumber the enemy then you count as stubborn. Oh, and the miscast table is going to be really horrible now apparently and they even suggested that there's gonna be a drawback to rolling irresistable force.
    most of this has been rumored for a fair bit, also bigred has already said he just wants HARD FACTS w/first hand sightings in this thread.

Brother-Captain

Seems fair enough mostly... but the power dice thing is stupid and really is a pointless addition.

Scout

see i think the power dice generation is way better. Finally a way to tone down magic without making the spells totally suck. Hopefully there will be a chance for those of us who don't want to use too much magic but still have a chance to get rid of the opponents magic without having to spend all of our points on magic defense.

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    The rulebook is really big, I knew it was bigger than the previous one but it was still surprising. Full colour. Couldn't get much, they're doing a proper game using the new rules next week so we'll know everything then. I found out that they've redone the organisation for WHFB, it's now just percentages, minimum of 25% for core but you can have that 25% in a single unit, so if it's enough points you need only have one core choice, I think it's 25% max for each of the others(and yes you can have lords in games below 2000pts). H

True, but also false at the same time. The rules listed for army selection in each Army Book also apply, so you CANNOT have a lord in games of under 2000pts whilst using any of the current army books. You still have to follow the force organistation charts there, whilst also applying the percentage system of the new rulebook.

Librarian

To be honest, with the wild changes in the system which people are going to have to adapt to in the first months of 8th Ed, it's gonna be pretty suicidal to choose a Lord under 2k pts anyway.

Can't wait until Dwarfs or whatever get their next book - perhaps we MAY see some changes to the amount of Lords you can select etc. We also don't know if there are any erratas coming swiftly after the new rulebook like there was in 40k - how awesome would it be to find custom charts like in High Elves becoming widespread.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast