BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by twistinthunder View Post
    most of this has been rumored for a fair bit, also bigred has already said he just wants HARD FACTS w/first hand sightings in this thread.
    The manager told me the stuff I've posted on here, let me see a few pages of the book and showed me an 8th ed list he'd written for his empire-are you satisfied now?

So to confirm the sighitngs here, heroes and lords share a 25% of your max point "pool" of sorts?

If so rip my Lizardmen

Quote Originally Posted by Shavnir View Post
    So to confirm the sighitngs here, heroes and lords share a 25% of your max point "pool" of sorts?

If so rip my Lizardmen
    No, 25% heroes, 25% lords, they've been seperated

Librarian

That sounds stupid. I assume it's 25% Heroes under 2k and 25% Lords AND HEroes over it.
    50% of your army as characters would just change how you abuse the rules.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Fly Lord

via Charles Thoss[URL="http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/06/wfb-news-8th-edition-first-sightings.html"] (on the bols frontpage)[/URL]

Hi,

I've had the pleasure to play a game using the new rules yesterday (in Germany, the copies have been on display in GWs since last week.

Changes I can confirm:

- you are free to measure everything before making decisions.
    - if you want to march within 8" of an enemy, you can do so after passing an Ld Check.
    - charging is Movement+2d6, 3d6 pick two highest for flyers, cavalry etc.

Close Combat Changes:
    - rank bonus is checked at the end of combat. Charging gives +1 Combat Res, there is no Outnumbering bonus.
    - Attacks are done in Initiative order, regardless of charges.
    - If you have ASF and ASL, they cancel each other out, so White Lions strike at Initiative 5.
    - If you have ASF and more Initiative as the enemy, you can re-roll missed attacks, provided your opponent doesn't also have ASF.
    - Great Weapons are always Ini 1.
    - Fear tests are now taken at the beginning of each round of h-t-h, if failed you are WS1 for the round. Terror works the same (but can be used against Fear Causing troops).
    - Troops strike with full attacks out of rank 1, 1 Attack from rank 2 (stacking with spears etc.) All attacks keep weapon boni. Units 10 wide can strike out of 3 ranks. However, this doesn't work if you are attacked from the side or rear.
    - Casualties are taken from the back, so as long as you have two full ranks, you lose no attacks if the opponent strikes before you.

--> all of these changes mean that close combat will be much more brutal than before.

- Large Targets may trample, dealing 1d6 hits at their profile strength at Ini 1 to one unit they are engaged with.
    - Dragons or other creatures with a Breath Weapon may deal 2d6 hits at their Ini and with the Strength of the Breath Weapon.
    --> Both of these are in addition to regular attacks, so a Dragon can now wipe out a medium-sized unit in one turn.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

I see...
    I think I need to chew over that a bit before I can say anything intelligent.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Initiate

I have seen and read the book in the flesh, only titbits but it's very good all In all. First off I know the hard back is the biggest rule book realised and that includes the forge world ones, it is going to be £45 in the uk for the hardback.
    A few things I remember are, magic pools described by posters here are correct so I will not repeat, any irrisitable force ie double 6's will result in first an irrisiable cast and then a mis cast, rolling double 1 means nothing, basically you have failed to cast.

There are 10 pages of new pool magic items from weapons, armour, arcane, talismans, enchanted items and banners that all armies can use.

In army composition, standard army lists unto 2,999pts can have upto 25% lords/heroes over 25% core. You cannot have duplictated units of rares and specials.

In 'grand' armies 3,000pts or more the duplication rule is ignored as far as I can remember.

And lastly, alliances are back. For any scenario you can opt to ally with another army, this comes with restrictions of course, but skaven and dark elves are auto untrustworthy.
    Last edited by atom_84; 06-14-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Mis spelling

Based on the new percentage based Force Orgs all I have to say is that would be awesome for my Orcs and especially my Gobos (I can get a hero for 30pts!). My Vampire Counts will be hurting though as its pretty leet type right now

For the whole thing on if this is in addition to or overriding the ones in the army books it seems we have both interpretations here. If I had an option I'd choose that only the percentages applying.

One other thing is that I have no idea why Germany seems to be getting the books earlier but if I can remember correctly they had the first books last time as well.

FYI there is a second hand post in the Rumors thread that supposedly lists all of the common magic items (many with cool German names, sounding very Empirish).

Tuesday is taking forever to get here

Fly Lord

Hardcover Book Table of Contents

12 - Turn Sequence
    13 - Movement
    28 - Magic
    38 - Shooting
    46 - Close Combat
    62 - Panic
    66-79 - Special rules

80 - Troop types
    88 - Weapons
    92 - Command Groups
    96 - Characters
    108 - Warmachines
    116 - Battlefield Terrain
    132 - Choosing an Army
    136 - Allies
    140 - Missions (6)

153-475 - Background and Hobby
    -each race receives over a dozen pages of background, and painted army and individual model spreads
    -campaign examples

476 - 510 Reference
    -Lores of Magic
    -Magic items
    -Summary
    -Index
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Hardcover Book Table of Contents

12 - Turn Sequence
    13 - Movement
    28 - Magic
    38 - Shooting
    46 - Close Combat
    62 - Panic
    66-79 - Special rules

80 - Troop types
    88 - Weapons
    92 - Command Groups
    96 - Characters
    108 - Warmachines
    116 - Battlefield Terrain
    132 - Choosing an Army
    136 - Allies
    140 - Missions (6)

153-475 - Background and Hobby
    -each race receives over a dozen pages of background, and painted army and individual model spreads
    -campaign examples

476 - 510 Reference
    -Lores of Magic
    -Magic items
    -Summary
    -Index

So does the main book have the pdfs or updated for all army book?
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast