BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorSoB View Post
    Basically you are full of crap.

1) I work in publishing and have for the past 20+ years.
    2) That book would cost no more than $20 to produce, and with the printing industry being what it is MANY companies would publish at cost just to keep their presses running, making real cost on that book about $10 to $15.
    3) TEXTBOOKS is your standard for what a book should be priced??? They are singularly the most overpriced publication not due to printing cost but due to the profit gouging that your professors insist on making for their crappy books that they write. By the way, I went to college too and I have two 4 year degrees, so while I feel your pain about buying and selling textbooks, your logic is completely irrelevant to what GW is charging for their rulebook.
    4)Now let me confuse you with these things called FACTS. The real core of this book ( that which covers the actual rules not the fluff that bulked up the spine ) is probably 100 pages or less. Rather than sell a 100-200 page book for less that $40 which is a fair price to pay in today's economy, GW chose to gouge it supporter with this rulebook on steroids. Please tell me why? Most gamers just want the rules. New gamers will not spend $75 to get started, so the question is why did GW do this?
    5) Last but certainly not least, fantasy sucks. Yes I own 2 fantasy armies and have played but the rule set has been cumbersome and unbalanced ever since I have played. It's a rock, paper, scissors game where if I have army x I beat army y but fall to army z. GW's "fix" if all the 8th editions rumors are true they certainly have changed the fantasy landscape but in my opinion not for the better, Nerfing magic doesnt seem to be a good fix but we all know that GW lacks the talent to write balanced army books that coincide with each other. Bottom line is I am less than enthused to buy the new set of rules ESPECIALLY at $75. Anyone want to buy a Tomb King or Dwarf army????
    6) There is a difference between "turning profit" and raping your loyal customers!
    I can't wait to play my Tomb Kings in 8th edition, what do you have for sale?

Chapter-Master

This was actually quite amusing, inventive and witty for the internet. It raised a smile.

Torcano, I can't express myself to respond adequately to your patronising dribble without risking an infraction, save to say I saw more intelligent things in my boy's nappy (diaper for the yanks) when I changed it this morning.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    This was actually quite amusing, inventive and witty for the internet. It raised a smile.

Torcano, I can't express myself to respond adequately to your patronising dribble without risking an infraction, save to say I saw more intelligent things in my boy's nappy (diaper for the yanks) when I changed it this morning.
    You change nappies???????????????
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    You change nappies???????????????
    I have one of those "wife" servitors to do that for me - and if she ever ses this I am so dead!

Chapter-Master

I wish I was so high to merit a wife servitor I seem to be in thrall to some sort of Cadian female Commissar - very little humour and I'm on permanent fatigue duties to escape the ultimate sanction!
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I wish I was so high to merit a wife servitor I seem to be in thrall to some sort of Cadian female Commissar - very little humour and I'm on permanent fatigue duties to escape the ultimate sanction!
    Should have done what I did the one and only time I was asked to do it, Make a complete balls up of it on purpose, look all innocent and say "Whats wrong with it?"

Never got asked again.

Works for a whole range of stuff
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Battle-Brother

making fun of the GW administrators HERESY

Battle-Brother

Exclamation

ATENTION: This thread has been deamed heritical by Games Workshops Holiest Inquisition and all posters will be arested and put on trial and then shot. And in order to make an example of you all we are raising prices another 40% have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperator View Post
    ATENTION: This thread has been deamed heritical by Games Workshops Holiest Inquisition and all posters will be arested and put on trial and then shot. And in order to make an example of you all we are raising prices another 40% have a nice day.
    Shoot all your customers and then raise prices 40%. Its sad when I say that I wouldnt find that unsurprising!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Shoot all your customers and then raise prices 40%. Its sad when I say that I wouldnt find that unsurprising!
    That is so true.

I found the original post funny and enjoyed reading it. No can you please do one for 40K and LotR please?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast