BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    I am not under the delusion that Jwolf has intentionally tried to insult me or any Sisters players.

This is more accurate. There have been a few... altercations locally about this. One in particular involved someone claiming that Acts of Faith break the rules, and therefor are cheating. I took my codex out, and went, step by step, through the rules. And yet they insisted. So I stopped the game right there and put my army back in its case, and went home.
    This is why I generally don't like pickup games.

Hard to judge the asshat/maturity level.

I am not under the delusion that Jwolf has intentionally tried to insult me or any Sisters players.

This is more accurate. There have been a few... altercations locally about this. One in particular involved someone claiming that Acts of Faith break the rules, and therefor are cheating. I took my codex out, and went, step by step, through the rules. And yet they insisted. So I stopped the game right there and put my army back in its case, and went home.
    Never forget you have a terrible hobby.

Fair one.

This is all a bit of a mystery to me. In England (Unless you game at GW or a shop) the vast majority of players belong to established clubs, so dont tend to play with stangers. And within those clubs there tend to be sub sets who tend to stick together. Playing with like minded friends is a big part of the hobby for me, I really dont like playing strangers and the above is one of the reasons why.

This is another reason why tournaments hold no interest for me at all.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

I have had similar situations like this and there is a phrase you use to make them shut up.
    To bad I'm not allowed to post it on the boards.

I congratulate you on keeping your composure instead of arguing for half an hour with the "kid".

Abbess Sanctorum

If I wanted to argue online for half an hour I'd do it on the internet where nobody cares anyway.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

i just dont think a lot of people understand the AoF rules, as they dont see them often. had a similar sitch with divine guidance, 3 flamers and a group of necrons. i let it slide, as i dont expect everyone to know the rules for every army, but the next shooting-phase after it had calmed down, i went ahead and did it anyway, after some calm words and an issue of the WD i "happen" to keep in my bag.(its the Tank tactica one, they have a little box that specifically states that it does work that way). with the dexs for download from GW now, i forsee less problems like this.
    you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be to clean his shoes.

Abbess Sanctorum

Not really, the codices appear to be causing MORE arguments than before.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

Ive had the same problem in the past too, using an AoF is like cheating to some, they just dont understand it, wont take to the time to erad it, and finally unless they have it too its cheating.
    I mean whats the point of having every army with the same tactics, do we just create armies that only shoot and bash each other with the only difference being armour and strength of special characters??

I only use Faith when its called for and appropriate, and still ive been accuses of cheating at my local store.
    Its unique to the SoB and they dont want that, they think they should have that rule too. Good to see there scope of the game will invlolve generic clone armies of each other.
    For a 3rd ed army, i still hold my own against 5th ed armies now, thye have stronger characters, more units, updated rules and weapons, and we have Faith, outdated weapons, rules and what two characters only. So ofcourse we cheat using AoF. Its frustrating to the core.
    Ive packed up games, wanted to throttle some players and downright get rightfully P%$ed off with some claiming i cheat using AoF.
    But i still play with my loved SoB army, ive spent to much money, to many hours painting and converting and to much love for them to throw it away.
    I respect each army, the players too, i even forgive GW for making uber characters....well maybe i dont, but i dont say there armies are cheesy or cheating, its unsportsmanlike.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Chaplain

yeah, its not fun, but i found that by carrying a WD with a paragraph that explicitly states that divine guidance works with flamers helps smooth things over. The problem with the actual rule is it states the test is taken after rolling to hit, and flamers dont roll to hit. as to it being a sisters only thing, i like to point out guard orders, space marine ATSKNF etc. as being unique to those armies.
    you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be to clean his shoes.

Brother-Captain

I've seen this sort of conversation happen in my FLGS fairly often, and it's usually a clash between two groups of people: those who take accusations of cheating very seriously, and those who use the word "cheat" very loosely.

It's a personal pet peeve when people say things like: "Vulkan He'stan is so good, taking him is basically cheating." Or in a recent blog comment thread here, I was accused of cheating when I mentioned that I intend to keep playing with my radical inquisition allies. I've seen people be accused of cheating for all kinds of silly things, including acts of faith, necrons with we'll be back, IG orders, and tau markerlights. It seems like any army special rule that is useful is "cheating."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast