BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    That's good,
    so you've read Ottawa Gamer, or Mel's post, or one of the other sites showing the email from Mr. Hollingsworth that stats it was just a mistake and that (in North America at least) allies are still completely legal from GW's point of view.
    Yep, I've read that now and I am even more confused, put that alonside the reports that the french version did contain the allies rules and if you check it now it doesn't. So it's we've got a report that it's a mistake with evidence of them actively removing it from the pdf.

That's good,
    so you've read Ottawa Gamer, or Mel's post, or one of the other sites showing the email from Mr. Hollingsworth that stats it was just a mistake and that (in North America at least) allies are still completely legal from GW's point of view.
    As much as i don;t agree or disagree that allies are gone or nt (if someone has the WH or DH codex then i'm not gonna rgue with them), but this email isn't really valid proof:

reasons

1 - easy to forge an email, anyone with photoshop could do it
    2 - why does the email start talking about tournaments when the question was just about which rules do you use.
    3- it's not an official statement jsut a customer services opinion

either way

The Interesting point to note is this.

If you have the codex (full version and paid for) then i say perfectly entitled to use those rules unless GW specifically states the new PDf is an update - which they haven't said.

However what if your a new player to Wh or Dh?

No FOC? an new player could be confused, but most people know how 40k works and every army uses FOC.

as for allies, say i picked up a WH or DH army tomorrow and downloaded the codex, what would i do?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    Wow, hilarious. Now check said other languages. The inconstistency was temporary, they've changed at least the french and spanish versions that were online, that had the allies stil there at first, they have now been corrected to not include allies. We can read more than once!
    Great then!

No FOC Charts!!!!

Even more broke than when the codex DID have allies lol!

This is what you wanted, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Has the .pdf codexes for Witch Hunters and Daemon Hunters been posted yet?

If so, where are they posted---- I do not find them under the errata/FAQs.
    Under the background for the respective army.
    Make the Blood God bleed!

Chapter-Master

Yay! No more allies! w00t!

Oh, and you guys are being silly about the FOC--- the main rulebook has that stuff. Everything in the Daemonhunters book is labeled which section it comes from.

I can actually Drop Pod next to a Medusa again!
    Last edited by Tynskel; 06-24-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Chapter-Master

Yay! No more allies! w00t!

Oh, and you guys are being silly about the FOC--- the main rulebook has that stuff. Everything in the Daemonhunters book is labeled which section it comes from.

I can actually Drop Pod next to a Medusa again!
    Yeah, and you guys are being silly about the no allies.

See what I did there?

Librarian

Like I've said before; people should actually look this up in the rulebook.
    The FOC given in the rulebook is an example of how they look, and is common;
    However, the rulebook states that the actual "minimum and maximum numbers for each of these units is detailed in each army codex book;" as some armies could have different army layouts that best suit their play style (look at High Elves in fantasy; they have a different FOC).

Since the GK are elite army, they must be allowed whatever they feel they need; as there is no stated minimum or maximum for anything.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    Like I've said before; people should actually look this up in the rulebook.
    The FOC given in the rulebook is an example of how they look, and is common;
    However, the rulebook states that the actual "minimum and maximum numbers for each of these units is detailed in each army codex book;" as some armies could have different army layouts that best suit their play style (look at High Elves in fantasy; they have a different FOC).

Since the GK are elite army, they must be allowed whatever they feel they need; as there is no stated minimum or maximum for anything.
    Toally agreed.

No allies.... Time to get an army of Grand Masters running around....

Quote Originally Posted by addamsfamily36 View Post
    As much as i don;t agree or disagree that allies are gone or nt (if someone has the WH or DH codex then i'm not gonna rgue with them), but this email isn't really valid proof:

reasons

1 - easy to forge an email, anyone with photoshop could do it
    2 - why does the email start talking about tournaments when the question was just about which rules do you use.
    3- it's not an official statement jsut a customer services opinion

either way

The Interesting point to note is this.

If you have the codex (full version and paid for) then i say perfectly entitled to use those rules unless GW specifically states the new PDf is an update - which they haven't said.

However what if your a new player to Wh or Dh?

No FOC? an new player could be confused, but most people know how 40k works and every army uses FOC.

as for allies, say i picked up a WH or DH army tomorrow and downloaded the codex, what would i do?
    Don't take this the wrong way:

1: Email is real, I can forward you a copy of the email I have if you want. The picture is broken at the top because I wanted to have the screenshot show my question at the same time as the answer, But i don't know how to do that
    2: I didn't ask about tournaments. You should read the whole thing.
    3: Customer service from GamesWorkshop IS official. DO you need the owner of the company to personally sign it? How about the share holders. Customer Reps are official.

The only important question and answer that is in the email:
    Does this PDF override the paper codex I just purchased for 30$?
    The new PDF is up for the people who do not have access to buy the codex anymore.
    I know that for our tournaments we will be using the Physical codex and NOT the PDF. I hope this helps!

I'm pretty sure that means that If i own the paper codex, I'll be using it in official GW events, which is basically what this whole thing is about.

I don't know how you can get more official then a GW employee, who's job it is to answer this kind of stuff, says so.

Don't take this the wrong way:

1: Email is real, I can forward you a copy of the email I have if you want. The picture is broken at the top because I wanted to have the screenshot show my question at the same time as the answer, But i don't know how to do that
    2: I didn't ask about tournaments. You should read the whole thing.
    3: Customer service from GamesWorkshop IS official. DO you need the owner of the company to personally sign it? How about the share holders. Customer Reps are official.

The only important question and answer that is in the email:
    Does this PDF override the paper codex I just purchased for 30$?
    The new PDF is up for the people who do not have access to buy the codex anymore.
    I know that for our tournaments we will be using the Physical codex and NOT the PDF. I hope this helps!

I'm pretty sure that means that If i own the paper codex, I'll be using it in official GW events, which is basically what this whole thing is about.

I don't know how you can get more official then a GW employee, who's job it is to answer this kind of stuff, says so.
    Don't worry taken no offense to your comments. hope you didn't take any on my initial post.

1- I'll take your word for it as you seem like an honest guy

2-I read the whole thing, i meant the response given started talking about tournaments, but your question to GW didn't.

3- As much as in the Uk it used to be common ground to give GW a ring on rules, This has not been the case , to my knowledge, for a long time. And as much as an email from a GW employee is nice, i must say that its NOT official in terms of a GW official statement. i see no where saying that employees in customer services are definite rule judges.

As for you using the printed paid copy, i said in the post i agree that anyone with the real codex has every right to use that codex after all this isn't an update.

My question though what if you only have the printed version. A noob to the game or a cheesy *******, might use those codex's without allies but also with no FOC. And as much as i can choose to not play them, they are using a legal codex "of sorts".

There are plenty on here saying NO ALLIES ,and the response they are getting is well if no allies i'll use the NO FOC to create armies of no restriction. But anyone could just take that force anyways and then what are people going to say? you can't do that! which is what the response would be, but they could turn round and say why have you got allies? to which you repy heres my codex, and they go heres mine without its FOC.

i'm just waiting for someone to write that list, when it happens ill die a little inside.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast