BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stormraven scratch build project

A couple of people at my LGS suggested I take some pictures of these things, and I thought I should probably get them into the interwebs to get feedback from people.

The model is put together for the most part as you can see, but there is a lot of detail and cleanup work that remains (gap filling, etching, a few bitz, etc. . .). I'll post updates and the framing for the second one as I go along.

I like how it looks so far. the rear section with the large spoiler and wings reminds me of the Land Speeder Tempest, while the top mounted Lascannon turret and canard wings up front are reminiscent of the Thunderhawk. The overall appearance screams that its a fast attack vehicle

One question I have is where is the Dreadnought going to ride on the Stormraven?

I'll take a picture of the undercarriage tomorrow and the dreadnought question will be answered.

Interesting. I keenly await updates.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Brother-Sergeant

But... But... It's so "realistic" that I don't really get a 40K vibe from it.

If you add a seriously gothic level of detailing I'm sure it will be magnificent.

I'm not too sure on the whole gothic style for a stormraven, from the description of it in the codex, its an STC pattern vehicle sort of like the Land Speeder and the Land Raider, the design of those vehicles is more functional rather than stylish.

I think that this Storm Raven fits into the Space Marine's simple but functional aesthetic. Now if this was a Grey Knights Stormraven then I could see a reason to put more gothic style elements onto the model.

Now, this is... awesome!
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Brother-Sergeant

DAMN YOU ROUND EYE! you make my one look crap....

I will be copying your idea....please post more pictures.

Scout

I think the flamestorm cannon would look better mounted on the underside of the hull... i mean.. if you wanna keep with the functionality part...

but all in all nice work

I had initially considered that, but the difficulty is that the stormraven has a Front assault ramp (one of the details left to be modeled on), which makes an underslung MM difficult. It seemed the best choice to stay within GW established parameters and go with a side front mount like the nose lascannon,multilaser on the valk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast