BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Indeed, it's really only on the internet that people claim that FAQs aren't official in my experience as well.

We might throw them aside if we agree to houserule it, but we use FAQs by default.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

If the FAQ isn't official, why does it say "OFFICIAL UPDATE" in big letters up top in the Tyrands one? I'll take it as official, because it says it's official.

If someone wants to house rule it and say Doom can affect enemies in transport vehicles, then by all means- it's your game... just make sure your opponent is either a) unaware of the FAQ, or b) OK with it.

Abbess Sanctorum

Actually it says Official Update in the Blood Angels one, too...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Indeed, it's really only on the internet that people claim that FAQs aren't official in my experience as well.

We might throw them aside if we agree to houserule it, but we use FAQs by default.
    It's cool that that is what you and your friends do with the FAQs, but please don't claim that the internet is the only place where people view the FAQs are GW's 'Studio House Rules'.

That said, these new Errata/FAQs are different from any that have come before. On the documents themselves, they state that they are "Official Update"s to the mentioned Codex. In light of this, and the concise, specific Q&As, I believe these FAQs are truly intended to be guidance documents on how to play with the respective armies.

BTW: I think this is a good idea, a good change, and GW should continue with this style in the future.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    It's cool that that is what you and your friends do with the FAQs, but please don't claim that the internet is the only place where people view the FAQs are GW's 'Studio House Rules'.
    Let me emphasize this for you so you can stop making an *** of yourself by reading something into my post that wasn't there:

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight15624 View Post
    If the FAQ isn't official, why does it say "OFFICIAL UPDATE" in big letters up top in the Tyrands one? I'll take it as official, because it says it's official.

If someone wants to house rule it and say Doom can affect enemies in transport vehicles, then by all means- it's your game... just make sure your opponent is either a) unaware of the FAQ, or b) OK with it.
    Because it's GW, that is why. So you explain to me why does GW says that the FAQ is "Studio House rules"

The reason it's official because they are Frequently Asked Questions, but the answers are now "official". If they were "Official" they wording would have been changed in the Errata then.

Go read it on thier website. GW also says there is no right or wrong answers in the FAQs. While it's a good place for pick up games or Tournaments.

Again I say 99.99999999% would not go agaisnt the GW FAQs. I wouldn't either, but if it was an Official Update, the all the stuff would have been Errated not FAQed.

We have to obey the Errata no matter what, but no so with the FAQ. GW even says so.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    We have to obey the Errata no matter what
    Because if we don't they'll take our miniatures away!

Librarian

BRB pg. 2 " The most important rule then is that the rules aren't all that important! So long as both
    Players agree, you can treat them as sacrosanct or mere guidelines- the choice is entirely yours."

This is old news ,yes the FAQs are 'soft ' rules but really GW treats all of the rules as soft.
    Which is one of the reasons they are such a mess in places.
    As far as rules debates go the FAQs are RAW.
    Disagree , houserule, knock yourself out, My group does but that said in a Rules forum please leave the "the FAQs are soft rules!" whine with the cheese in the mousetrap.
    The reason I read and debate here is to discover what the rules actually say and can houserule the cases of 'silly RAW' when I play or discuss possible problems pre-game.

Abbess Sanctorum

Indeed, SeattleDV8. But when GW makes a ruling they disagree with, that's their first instinctive reaction-- say the FAQ isn't official (even though the FAQ says official).

Battle-Brother

I offered Bean a chance to put a Wager on this FAQ, I sure wish he would have gone for it.

And Bean? If you missed my other post. PBBFFFTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

No hard feeling? OK?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast