BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Meh, I still have like 80+ Orks to paint, nevermind the bikers (The dreads were the easiest, being vehicles and thus having no skin or faces to paint). Screw you if you think I'm gonna wait until I'm done to play them. I don't buy the army to paint it, I buy it to ****ING PLAY THE *******ED GAME.

*sits down and whimpers, realizing she really does have 80+ Orks to paint still*
    Last edited by Melissia; 07-01-2010 at 04:40 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

man, I prefer painted armies but I dont really care if the other persons is or isnt. Sure its better to play a beautiful army, but everyone likes this hobby for different reasons and I for one respect that. I know some people like me are more into the fluff/converting ect and others more hardcore tournement. So for me I just go with an "each to their own" attitude.

That said, I would play anyone as long as they had a cool attitude and those guys you came across did not and I would rather play you with your mostly unpainted army a million times more than those asshats you dealt with.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chaplain

Sounds like the guys in the OP would have a better game if they removed the stick from their butts first.

While I won't personally play with an unpainted army (hell, I don't even FIELD unpainted units) and I get more enjoyment from a game with two painted and well-converted armies - it's not a mindset I expect everyone else to have.

To the OP: Find out if you have any alternate venues and go there. If not, you have my sympathies. Dicks like this don't do any hobby any favours - and unfortunately, EVERY hobby has them.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    unbelieveable.
    LOL...

Welcome to last year.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    Alright idiot.
    It's one thing to call someone's opinion stupid. But do not start openly throwing insults around.

Quote Originally Posted by klinesmith View Post
    I'm at the point now where I understand that repeatedly crushing your illogical nonsense is not going to effect you.
    On this note, I recently read an interesting article about anosognosics. Essentially, it's the principle that an incompetent person is incapable of realizing that they are incompetent, because the skills that allow them to realize they are making a bad decision are the same ones that would lead them to make the correct decision in the first place.

Not that I want to call anyone incompetent, but a person who thinks it is acceptable to force their views and opinions on others will probably not realize why it's wrong to do so, because if they did, they wouldn't do it in the first place.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Thumbs down Tone It Down

There are several instances of namecalling and insulting in this thread, and it goes in a lot of directions. If you can't make a point without calling someone else a name or liberally piling on the insults, you don't actually have a point.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Chapter-Master

In fact, on that note, I don't think I can add anything productive to this thread. I've made my opinion on the matter as clear as I can. If I haven't convinced someone else to change their mind, I won't be able to unless they independently shift their views on the matter.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Meh, I still have like 80+ Orks to paint, nevermind the bikers (The dreads were the easiest, being vehicles and thus having no skin or faces to paint). Screw you if you think I'm gonna wait until I'm done to play them. I don't buy the army to paint it, I buy it to ****ING PLAY THE *******ED GAME.

*sits down and whimpers, realizing she really does have 80+ Orks to paint still*
    I agree 110%.

*grumbles and continues to paint the endless mass of gaunts on his desk.*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It's one thing to call someone's opinion stupid. But do not start openly throwing insults around.

On this note, I recently read an interesting article about anosognosics. Essentially, it's the principle that an incompetent person is incapable of realizing that they are incompetent, because the skills that allow them to realize they are making a bad decision are the same ones that would lead them to make the correct decision in the first place.

Not that I want to call anyone incompetent, but a person who thinks it is acceptable to force their views and opinions on others will probably not realize why it's wrong to do so, because if they did, they wouldn't do it in the first place.
    Over here we generally call them 'managers' or 'team leaders'

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Over here we generally call them 'managers' or 'team leaders'
    Heh, of course that depends on whether or not you believe in the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dilbert_Principle"]Dilbert Principle[/URL] or the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle"]Peter Principle[/URL]. Man, I love Dilbert.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast