BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    The Doom of Malan'tai rules did not necessarily support them effecting armies within transports. One could interpret the rules to believe that they do, but that doesn't make your interpretations the correct one. I've seen a lot of arguments presented by those who believed such shot down.
    I can admit when I am proven wrong. So far, I havn't been proven wrong. Can you please show me thes arguements presented shot them down? I am pissed at the "NO" answer without an explantaion. Can anyone prove it using 5th editon rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Hosjvavavadajva, Jeske,

If you actually believe GW ruled out Malantai affecting people inside transports just to sell more mech, in the immortal words of the Emperor to Horus, 'You are deluded.'

People were not failing to buy mech units just because they were worried they might meet a rules-lawyering tyranid player trying to have their cake and eat it. Mech is not just transports, its all vehicle units.

Its simply acknowledging what everyone apart from a few chancers already knew - that, excepting leaning out to fire gets hot from transports, very little affects what is inside.

It is hardly abitrary and as for your proof, its GW - it is now FAQ'd and therefore (before BuffO gets on his FAQ vs Errata horse - don't bother) its a done issue.

Tyranids have not been nerfed by any of these things. this is not the only FAQ in the entire universe which has been created just to annoy the players of the army to which it refers so get over it, enjoy death by panzer.
    Yes I am delueded. In fact all I want is someone prove to me why anything embarked in a vehicle is immune to anything. Please do not reference anything to 4th edtion rules, I want it proven using the 5th edtion BRB.

So far I havn't seen any debates or arguements that suggest or prove a unit embarked in a vehicle is immune to everything. Why is it. Please reference me page numbers. I think I will ask this question in the rules section.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Can you please show me thes arguements presented shot them down?
    It was all over the first of these ridiculous numbers of DoM threads to pop up. After that first thread, I never bothered to read, because after that first conversation I realized that one might as well e talking to a wall when arguing with people like Tynskel.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

I can admit when I am proven wrong. So far, I havn't been proven wrong. Can you please show me thes arguements presented shot them down? I am pissed at the "NO" answer without an explantaion. Can anyone prove it using 5th editon rules?

Yes I am delueded. In fact all I want is someone prove to me why anything embarked in a vehicle is immune to anything. Please do not reference anything to 4th edtion rules, I want it proven using the 5th edtion BRB.

So far I havn't seen any debates or arguements that suggest or prove a unit embarked in a vehicle is immune to everything. Why is it. Please reference me page numbers. I think I will ask this question in the rules section.
    OK. When you conclusively and without doubt prove GW made this decision just to sell more mech, and with supporting references from GW that can be ratified I will prove to you why anything embarked in a vehicle is immune to anything.

The proof in terms of DoM is that GW has said it is that way. FULL STOP, END OF. Dry the eyes and soldier on.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

What was your proof? I don't play by 4th editon rules but 5th. No where in the 5th edtion rules set prevent Spirit Leech from working.

But it dosn't matter now, GW "House Ruled" it to favor to sell more mechs.
    That's somewhat like disproving god then not backing down when he pokes you on facebook. I mean 'house rules', seriously? You're treating this as though there's some sort of logic to the hypothetical doings of an imaginary bug which exists only as part of a make believe system created by GW. Thus, if they say the Doom blows acid bubbles from it's rectum whilst singing glorianna you have 2 choices: learn the words or make your own rules and try to get someone to play along.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    That's somewhat like disproving god then not backing down when he pokes you on facebook. I mean 'house rules', seriously? You're treating this as though there's some sort of logic to the hypothetical doings of an imaginary bug which exists only as part of a make believe system created by GW. Thus, if they say the Doom blows acid bubbles from it's rectum whilst singing glorianna you have 2 choices: learn the words or make your own rules and try to get someone to play along.
    How does that song go? Glirianna? I will try to learn the words first before I make I make my own rules.

Ok, I see I shouldn't have said, the GW house ruled it part. But still I havn't seen any of the proof and still don't.

I don't care if I am wrong. GW says I am wrong now. Fine, I am ok with that. But what I want to know is why I am wrong. But nobody can explain why I was wrong.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

GW says I am wrong now. Fine, I am ok with that. But what I want to know is why I am wrong. But nobody can explain why I was wrong.
    For what it's worth, I feel exactly the same way.

As near as I can tell, they essentially are saying "oops, our bad... we didn't mean for it to work like the way its written. play it this way"

They probably should have included it in the errata section (adding the words "non-embarked" or something like that) instead of the FAQ section.
    Although, I can kind of understand why they did... since it was such as hot-button issue, they probably felt that they needed to directly address it.

Just a guess, of course, but it makes me feel better about the 180.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Gravis View Post
    Disagreed, it may not be the intention of the design team but at the end of the day it is whatever the individual players make of it, and that is amongst many other equally valid choices, a tournament game - and it is true that in that format 'nids are not top tier.

Of course by that logic you can also have a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament!
    Still not at tournament game, despite what you may misinterpret the game as.

Magic the Gathering IS a tournament based game.

Warmachine / Hordes is a tournament based game.

40k is NOT a tournament based game. Not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by razcalking View Post
    What the hell... I agree with BuFFo... I... I need to go take a shower.
    Which is sad, because I only promote the good in the hobby. I promote the power for players to make the game fun. I don't know what posts you think you are reading from me, but you must be mistaking me for the 90% of people on this forum who try to power game everything and force their incorrect assumptions of the game on others. Should have been agreeing with me from the get go.

40k is a relaxing hobby that encompasses game play, painting, collecting, fiction, converting and socializing.
    Last edited by BuFFo; 07-02-2010 at 09:42 PM.

I like that Shadow in the Warp is now worse than Psychic Hoods for no apparent reason.

GW is basically the most inept company at writing rules and its kinda hilarious.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234