BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by MarshalAdamar View Post
    Everyone is different but I think that if you got into a hobby about building and painting miniatures then you should freakin paint them.
    That's funny, I Didn't get into a hobby about building and painting miniatures.

I got into a hobby about an army of laser-toting conscripts with tanks fighting off wave after wave of green-skinned mushroom-men techno-barbarians.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by MarshalAdamar View Post
    Everyone is different but I think that if you got into a hobby about building and painting miniatures then you should freakin paint them.

Even badly painted mini’s are better than bare plastic minis.
    I have to say that I got into this hobby because of the great stories; the gameplay is just a weak extention of fluff.

I have problems with people that only seem so focus on a single aspect of the hobby and then try to force that opinion on others; whether it's the people that only think playing and winning matter to the people that demand everyone paints. It's a HOBBY! Everything counts. If you want to be an artist or golden demon winner, to a gamer that tries to take 'ard boyz; that's fine, but differen't people enjoy different things, so just let them enjoy what they want.
    Would you mock someone that enjoyed chess but only has a dollar store set; and say that they don't count as a chess hobbiest until they get an engraved crystal or other beautifully crafted set? Or would you liked to be mocked if you spent $700 on a set that you found stunning, but you aren't a very good player?

For your last point... well, I guess you haven't seen poor painting then.
    I've seen plenty of armies that would look a LOT better if they just stayed grey or silver (with the nice details still visable). But they still have every right to play.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    That's funny, I Didn't get into a hobby about building and painting miniatures.

I got into a hobby about an army of laser-toting conscripts with tanks fighting off wave after wave of green-skinned mushroom-men techno-barbarians.
    Were they all grey?

Would you mock someone that enjoyed chess but only has a dollar store set; and say that they don't count as a chess hobbiest until they get an engraved crystal or other beautifully crafted set?
    yes. chess makes good money . If they go to tournaments and dont have a good set , they are either noobs , bad players or both at the same time.

Or would you liked to be mocked if you spent $700 on a set that you found stunning, but you aren't a very good player?
    nope if you have enough money to buy a 700 bucks set you are either a very good player or rich and no one ever talks bad about rich people at tournaments .

Abbess Sanctorum

Or maybe they just have better things to spend their money on.

I dunno, food?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Or perhaps they are like me and have a habit or dropping and chipping the crystal pieces and decided to stick with a 20 dollar wooden one.

oops, wrong thread.
    Last edited by HsojVvad; 07-04-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

First-Captain

Um...wasn't the painting vs. nonpainting argument...that way?

I thought this was all about crazy/crappy proxies and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    Um...wasn't the painting vs. nonpainting argument...that way?

I thought this was all about crazy/crappy proxies and stuff?
    Agreed. The war of the brush is taking place elsewhere.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

oops, reading so many pages back and forth, I forgot wich one I was in. Sorry.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast