BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Why isn't there a blow Mel a big kiss smiley on here?

I demand one immediately!
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Here's the way I see it:

The quote from IA2 is in-universe. It's the only explanation. Parts of it are quotes from out of universe and parts of it are from in-universe. I choose to believe (it is an option) that this is an in-universe portion.

It seems to me that RHAe in conventional steel is indeed plasteel, for the sake of sanity.

If it WASN'T the case, either the ENTIRE GALAXY in 40k is completely inept (Tau's most powerful antitank weapon penetrates 300mm RHAe 33% of the time?) or completely impossible to understand, such as the 25mm Rocket-Propelled Grenades (heavy bolter) which are less lethal than a .50 cal, since a modern M2 can pierce 40k's "Armor 11" rating.

I know the Imperium backslides, but it is ridiculous to imagine that the Advancing, or High-Tech Races (Tau, Eldar, Necrons) have technology that barely rivals the weapons-systems used in the Second World War on Earth! It's mind-bogglingly stupid to draw that conclusion from one quote in one book.
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Is it as mind-boggling stupid as the Earthshaker cannon, which outranges most weapons in the Tau, eldar, and necron arsenals by a considerable margin, being listed with a maximum [possibly effective, possibly just maximum] range of 15 kilometers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Is it as mind-boggling stupid as the Earthshaker cannon, which outranges most weapons in the Tau, eldar, and necron arsenals by a considerable margin, being listed with a maximum [possibly effective, possibly just maximum] range of 15 kilometers?
    That is rather dumb, actually. It might have been a typo, or an author knowing nothing about anything. I'd throw up my hands at this and say "You're right, Cold War tanks could take landraiders, and therefore Tau Hammerheads, Eldar Fire-Prisms, meltabombs (easily), plasma blobs (more easily), deathstrike nukes, etc." After all, the T-80U is my hero... lol

Join the T-80U > 40K everything club! Population me and Nabterayl!
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234