BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ugghh...

Why High Elves? Why not an army that hasn't been updated for a while. I can name several.

Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, Wood Elves, Bretonnia, hell even dwarfs and O&G are pretty dated too.

Although I am excited cause I guarantee that the ASF with great weapons is going away.

Erm O&G have had plenty. their book isn;t that old, they had boar riders, and river trolls.

i agree that tomb kings, bretonnians need an update.

wood elves need new rules perhaps but not new miniatures. their entire range pretty much got revamped.

high elves still have sword masters, white lions that need an update, besides awful awful core units lol

its a model release i wouldn't be too sure about a book release. to me it seems very similar to the O&G miniature release.

To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Unless I'm mistaken aren't High Elves only getting new models not a new book? Very much like Daemons, O&G and Empire before them.

Unless I'm mistaken aren't High Elves only getting new models not a new book? Very much like Daemons, O&G and Empire before them.
    this is my take on it too.

when high elves got their new book, back with the dragon etc, it was known then that it was wave 1 of 2. Now comes the second wave and i wold be very surprised if we got a whole new book. It would be the first time thats happened. and i don;t see any reason to change the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Wathapend2urfase View Post
    Ugghh...

Why High Elves? Why not an army that hasn't been updated for a while. I can name several.

Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, Wood Elves, Bretonnia, hell even dwarfs and O&G are pretty dated too.

Although I am excited cause I guarantee that the ASF with great weapons is going away.
    Actually you are a little off on all of these the High elf Spearmen and Archers are WAY Older than The Tomb Kings(2003), Ogre Kingdoms (2004), Wood Elves (2004), Bretonnian (2003), Dwarves (2005). The High Elf Plastics are dated 1999. So as you can see they need new models.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by addamsfamily36 View Post
    this is my take on it too.

when high elves got their new book, back with the dragon etc, it was known then that it was wave 1 of 2. Now comes the second wave and i wold be very surprised if we got a whole new book. It would be the first time thats happened. and i don;t see any reason to change the book.
    This is my thought too. Although, there are some people right now wanting the Swordmasters to lose re-rolls.
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Chapter-Master

I guess it HE cos they're being released in the Isle of Blood box so may as well release the models as well!

Not until the next codex...until then be very afraid of them...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Ugghh...

First I too think it's just going to be models not a new book and even if it is a new book what makes you think they'll get rid of ASF with great weapons, if they wanted to do that they would have done with the FAQ.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    First I too think it's just going to be models not a new book and even if it is a new book what makes you think they'll get rid of ASF with great weapons, if they wanted to do that they would have done with the FAQ.
    That's a good point.
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast