BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pil View Post
    Nope it is S 10 a power fist doubles the strength and thunderwolf cavalry are strength 5.
    Sorry - not quite.

If he were taking Plain-Jane (??? ???) Thunderwolf Cav, then at Strength 5, he would get Strength 10 with a power fist.

As an upgrade to an independant Character - You double first, then add the bonus (actually shown in BRB - page 7 - in box marked "Multiple Modifiers - exact strength that a Wolf Lord with a power fist on a Thunderwolf would be.). As the Upgrades page shows - Thunderwolf Adds to the strength value - does not replace it.

One of the times where you're better off using the "Normal Guy" instead of a character!

<WHOOPS> Ignore me! Thought you were talking about the lord with the Thunderhammer - didn't see the 3 TW Riders at bottom of the list!
    Last edited by BlindGunn; 07-19-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Didn't read list correctly! :$

Brother-Sergeant

I said the wrong one. But if you're correct then he ends up w/ 1 S10 TWC guy and 1 S9 Lord not two S10 dudes. So you're still in the fight to win.

Quote Originally Posted by PinoyC View Post
    I said the wrong one. But if you're correct then he ends up w/ 1 S10 TWC guy and 1 S9 Lord not two S10 dudes. So you're still in the fight to win.
    Nope the lord is S 10 with a thunder hammer. The +1 T, +1 S, and +1 A are not bonuses they are modifications to the base characteristics, for example the lord on wolf is not T 4/5, S 4/5, and A 4/5 he is actually T 5, S 5, A 5. A lord taking a thunderwolf mount does replace his base characteristics not simply add to them. It is in the errata as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pil View Post
    Nope the lord is S 10 with a thunder hammer. The +1 T, +1 S, and +1 A are not bonuses they are modifications to the base characteristics, for example the lord on wolf is not T 4/5, S 4/5, and A 4/5 he is actually T 5, S 5, A 5. A lord taking a thunderwolf mount does replace his base characteristics not simply add to them. It is in the errata as well.
    I see what you're saying - I didn't notice it in the Errata because I don't have any Thunderwolves so Thunderwolf Errata wasn't important to me before.

Reading the errata and re-reading the wargear - it makes sence now. Thanks for catching me on it!

It would have been nice if GW had included Strength as well as Toughness in their explanation - I could see someone arguing the point just because they don't like it and it doesn't specifically say strength. Going to have to remember to point out - Thunderwolves' modifiers add to the PROFILE, not just adds to the totals (like a Frost Fang adds +1 Strength).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12