BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Ahh Crap (Price Rises?)

The lovely Conservative co-alition Government wish to raise have just restored VAT from 15% to 17.5% which resulted in a GW price rise over here. Now however they want to raise it a further 2.5% to 20% to reduce the Dept owed by Britain.

Woe on us over here is that's the case as it just gives GW an excuse to bump up prices....again O_o
    No this world is theirs!

Librarian

Oh by Freya's sweet breasts, I sure as hell hope not.
    "Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse."

'Emergency services ring-fenced' yet we have to save an apparent 6 million over next 2 years. So far we have an overtime ban with, no doubt, other junk underway. Don't put anything past these guys Except making bankers pay, obviously.
    Last edited by Duke; 09-02-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Makes me glad I emigrated to Canada. The HST in British Columbia doesn't seem so bad after all.

Don't forget - you voted for the guys
    Last edited by Duke; 09-02-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Chaplain

Well, the rise of the VAT in the UK won't affect other countries, so America, Canada, Asia, etc., are safe from feeling the effects.

However, the flipside of the coin is that ForgeWorld prices will increase, because it has a single location of operation for a global market. When the VAT went down, ForgeWorld lowered its prices. Now that the VAT is going back up, ForgeWorld will adjust its prices accordingly.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, man. HST is a big 'meh'.

20%? That's crazy.

Chapter-Master

Wow. I'm glad I live in America. Even California taxes aren't nearly that high. Though I suppose there are probably plenty of differences elsewhere in the tax code.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Even with these price risies I'm still much better off buying from England.

Chaplain

I agree though for me i just pop dont to a store called Military Simulations where most GW products are 20% always all year round.

EG; in Aus a baneblade would cost me $168 i think, well at there price i only paid $128. Most boxes are ony $44 for trrops.

If if they dont have they will order it for yu. Love that store.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Unfortunate but necessary, massive guvmint debt=bad times. I just hope GW don't use it as an excuse to raise prices in foreign currencies as well.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast