BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Death Korp of Krieg update - finally!!

FW just released the update for the DKK lists, bringing the army in line with 5th Ed and the new IG Codex. At-bloody-last...!!

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/k/kreig.pdf[/url]

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm firmly convinced that forgeworld released the updated rules in response to me buying about 400 pounds sterling worth of Korp infantry. Their little way of saying thank you for giving them my life savings.
    Because really, the Hive Mind just wants to make friends.

Wink

Vive le Corps de Morte!

Veteran-Sergeant

Es lebe die Totenkorps der Krieger!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugz4Genestealers View Post
    I'm firmly convinced that forgeworld released the updated rules in response to me buying about 400 pounds sterling worth of Korp infantry. Their little way of saying thank you for giving them my life savings.
    Ha, nice. I bought 2500pts worth about 2 years ago (admittedly only a fraction of it assembled and painted even now), but that took a looooong time for a smaller company that could have easily updated it sooner. Still, not complaining now.... honest

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah... really I can't complain about being given a free army list that I don't have to buy an Imperial Armour book to use.

Veteran-Sergeant

My first impression was "WTF, they get +1WS and a couple useful USRs for +1 point? How can this be balanced?"

Then I realized they can't take Chimeras, meltavets, Valks/Vendettas, or Manticores, and that they're basically all foot-slogging across the board while supported by some LRs and artillery. While I wouldn't mind having access to a Medusa that could fire indirectly, I rather suspect that a standard IG army would eat these guys up.

However, I suspect we'll suddenly be seeing a lot of guard-horde armies using these rules, since they present very little cost for a lot of upside. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll pack an extra Hellhound or two just in case.

Abbess Sanctorum

I like it. It's balanced by removal of certain choices.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree. I think the seige regiment fluff fits well with the new rules: lack of heavy mechanization, minimal prevalence of antitank assault weapons, emphasis on massed infantry charges with fixed emplacement artillery support. Certainly different from the much more common guard lists found these days. I like it.

Veteran-Sergeant

Anyone catch how the breacher drill rules now say that you can hand one to a normal IG veteran squad? I think FW might be getting an order for three of them soon from me...

Also, the temptation of a heavy mortar squad is high. Not a lot to dump in elites otherwise...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast