BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BA: Fast Vehicles and Heavy Weapons

Would it be legal for heavy weapons to fire out of a fast rhino that has moved 6 inches? since it's fast, it can fire all weapons as if it had remained stationary. Am I seeing this right?

Librarian

Page 66: "Models firing from a vehcile that has moved counts as moving"

So no, you cannot fire a weapon out of a fast rhino that has moved 6" unless you have relentless.

The Vehicle being Fast has no effect upon the firing of the Embarked Unit, only the Vehicle's own shooting.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, when Sgt. Telion came out with the Land Speeder Storm--- I was totally thinking a Mobile Sniper Squad... then I double checked the rules that Gir is quoting... and I was Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Culven View Post
    The Vehicle being Fast has no effect upon the firing of the Embarked Unit, only the Vehicle's own shooting.
    So a squad inside a fast rhino that moved flat out can fire all their assault and rapid fire weapons, fire points permitting?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Eyespy View Post
    So a squad inside a fast rhino that moved flat out can fire all their assault and rapid fire weapons, fire points permitting?
    Yes, and models with Relentless may likewise fire any weapon.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Chaplain

Um, incorrect. Check page 66, under Fire Points: "Models in a vehicle count as moving if the vehicle moved, and may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at cruising speed that turn."

Even if you're fast, you can't fire if your vehicle moved more than 6".
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Biscuit View Post
    Um, incorrect. Check page 66, under Fire Points: "Models in a vehicle count as moving if the vehicle moved, and may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at cruising speed that turn."

Yes this was the correction I was making to Culven's post. I should have been less of a jerk and just spelled it out.
    Last edited by Duke; 08-24-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Biscuit View Post

Whoops, missed the flat-out part. Lol.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

It's a real bummer, makes sense but it sucks.

Just think what mounted IG Vets could do if their Chimeras could move 12" and they could still fire FIVE FREAKIN GUNS out of their hatch.

*shudders*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast