BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    I agree with Divergent Reality's position as well.
    If you use the portal, you count as disembarking--p.21 Necrons. That is a type of movement. If you are going to state that they 'taking the filiment with them', then you would be making the roll right as they emerge from the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Divergent Reality View Post
    Teleporting through the Monolith's portal is made at any time during the movement phase. If the Monolith and unit did not move before the teleportation the unit can still move, shoot and assault as normal after exiting the portal. The unit does not need to move after the teleport. The Monolith's portal is outside the normal movement convention. I would give you the Veil of Darkness causing the dangerous terrain test.

I figure that the entire unit filament coating and all is pulled through the portal. Much in the same way that flayed ones pulled through the portal keep their fleshy accouterments.

Once the unit exits the portal, if they choose to move again they will take the effects of the Doomweaver.

The Necrons will be allowed a We'll be Back roll the weapon. Doomweaver's monofilament whatnots are neither double the model's toughness nor a close combat attack that ignores their armor saves.
    You know I'm not sure how the phase out would effect the web. By the rules of the monolith the models phase out, meaning nothing comes with them but them.

However to keep the game friendly I would suggest let them use the portal but if they move afterwards they are subject to the web. As theirs no FAQ, trying to catch them in the web is the same as a dark eldar player trying to gain extra victory points for making them slaves.....they can't.

Necrons have WBB not Feel no pain, so only close combat weapons that ignore saves or attacks at double their toughness negate their WBB rolls, the doomweaver satisfies neither of these so they get their rolls.
    Last edited by dragoon161523; 09-04-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by mthoward91 View Post
    I was EldarBlue's opponent in this game. The only thing he left out of discription is the fact that attached to this unit of Immortals was a Destroyer Lord with a Res Orb. That is why in question 2 I got a WBB roll for the failed dangerous terrain test. If the unit didn't have the access to the Res Orb, I agree that he would have died to the failed dangerous terrain test and would have been removed from the playing field.

Other than that, the discription of the events are exactly as he described. So, thanks to everyone who's responded. The Doomweaver is a new and interesting weapon for the Eldar. It does a great job of slowing down any assaults, and I think would be very effective against really swarmy, ie, Nid, Orc, IG. It's also the first pie plate for Eldar, so that's something that they have been sorely missing.
    Models that fail a dangerous terrain test fo not get WBB, same as sweeping advance, as the WBB is not being taken against a wound, the model is being removed from the table.

One of a very few specific circumstances where even with a res orb, the model cannot make a WBB roll

Quote Originally Posted by mulkers View Post
    Models that fail a dangerous terrain test fo not get WBB, same as sweeping advance, as the WBB is not being taken against a wound, the model is being removed from the table.
    I'm AFB so you'll need to look up the page yourself, but Dangerous Terrain tests do not remove the model from the table. They very specifically inflict a wound with no armor or cover saves allowed, which means you can even take invulnerable saves. It actually presents some very interesting imagery like Terminators using their Storm Shield to surf across a lava flow.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    I'm AFB so you'll need to look up the page yourself, but Dangerous Terrain tests do not remove the model from the table. They very specifically inflict a wound with no armor or cover saves allowed, which means you can even take invulnerable saves. It actually presents some very interesting imagery like Terminators using their Storm Shield to surf across a lava flow.
    Here are the quotes;

pg 14 of BRB : Dangerous Terrain, "On the roll of a 1, the model suffers a wound, with no armour or cover save allowed."

This would support your claim, however, the consensus between most gaming groups is that, like SA, failed dangerous terrain tests do not allow a WBB, which may very well be incorrect.

Thankyou

Chaplain

Well, WBB IS denied by wounds that do not allow ARMOUR saves - and DT tests do deny them.

I can totally see terminators surfing a lava flow on a Storm shield though. Cowabunga!

Quote Originally Posted by chromedog View Post
    Well, WBB IS denied by wounds that do not allow ARMOUR saves - and DT tests do deny them.

I can totally see terminators surfing a lava flow on a Storm shield though. Cowabunga!
    WBB is ignored by wounds that do not allow armour saves if and only if said wounds were caused by close combat attacks.

"A Necron cannot self-repair if it was destroyed by a close combat weapon that allows no Armour save or any weapon whose Strength is twice the Toughness of the Necron concerned." Codex: Necrons, p. 13
    Last edited by Sam; 10-04-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: typo
    "You look at all this gunline and think: 'I could assault with this!'"
    "D*** it, Sam! Stop counting to such high numbers!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12