BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

What?!no female robots? My life is over...

I am really looking forward to seeing that female seer book. And as people mention it I feel that there are actually a lot of examples in the reading we get from gw. Many of the main characters in hours heresy novels are women... And are very well written females at that... If we assumed it was "men writing for men" then the women would also be written for men and that just simply isn't true, I feel.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

There are certainly a few in the novels, but the novels are not canon*. How many females are mentioned in the codices and whatnot? How many female special characters are there even for races that have no gender discrimination? Then there is the lack of models, most of the females being very, very old or non-existent.

*GW > BL, GW can alter the fluff to invalidate BL fluff but not the other way around.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

True, it does seem that the codices are quite lacking in the female representation. Lets see where most of the improvement lies

Eldar: Have female units throughout have had female SC's for a while, could possibly have more though.

Dark Eldar: Codex too old, will reserve judgement for later.

Chaos Daemons: A lot of slanessh is "female," if you can call it that.

Chaos Marines/ Space Marines/ Blood Angels/ Black Templar/ GK/ Space Wolves: Can't be females

Witch Hunters: Sisters can't be male, Inquisitors can be of either gender... Female SC's are there.

Tyranids: Gender neutral or "Asexual" pick how you want to call them, but not male and not female

Orks: Gender Neutral... Though seem to have more "masculine traits," than "Female traits,"

Tau: IIRC, almost no female representation...

Imperial Guard: IIRC, no female representation.

IMHO: after looking at each codex and where there can be improvements I think that females are represented in the codecies that can represent them. With the exceptions of Tau and Imperial Guard. I would say that nothing says you can't make a female guard squad or army... But the plastic range doesn't help much in that regard and would require a lot of conversion work.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Don't the tau have a female commander special character? Regardless I don't think it is really a big deal at all in the taus case, they are aliens anyway.

I don't think its a problem in the Imperial guard either tbh. The codex is writen well and as a whole keeps itself to the whole "we are the grunts at the heart of the warmachine" theme. I don't think that female special characters or anything would add anything apart from being fairly generic token mentions. Some of the male characters arent that inspired either really.

Model ranges are a different deal, but it's clear gw expects us to do a decent amount of conversion work for half the unit choices anyway so its not that unreasonable that there arent many models for people who fancy having a more female representation. A few as a collectors range or something would go down nicely though

In the 41st Millenium there is only washing up and ironing............
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by WereWolf_nr View Post
    I have 2 of that model as well; unfortunately, she is discontinued along side the female commissar. There are some female Inquisitors still and the hospitalier.
    I thought she was a US Games day mini
    We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. http://derinaironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    In the 41st Millenium there is only washing up and ironing............
    HAHA this caused me a significant problem with my coffee cup-nasal cavity-PC keyboard interface.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Queen View Post
    I thought she was a US Games day mini
    If you mean the female catachan with grenade launcher then I dont think so, since ive never been to the us :P

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    If you mean the female catachan with grenade launcher then I dont think so, since ive never been to the us :P
    Nay, the Commissar mini
    We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. http://derinaironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    Don't the tau have a female commander special character? Regardless I don't think it is really a big deal at all in the taus case, they are aliens anyway.

I don't think its a problem in the Imperial guard either tbh. The codex is writen well and as a whole keeps itself to the whole "we are the grunts at the heart of the warmachine" theme. I don't think that female special characters or anything would add anything apart from being fairly generic token mentions. Some of the male characters arent that inspired either really.

Model ranges are a different deal, but it's clear gw expects us to do a decent amount of conversion work for half the unit choices anyway so its not that unreasonable that there arent many models for people who fancy having a more female representation. A few as a collectors range or something would go down nicely though
    yeah O'shiva or something like that, my friend in our club has her. she's pretty BA. Admittedly this has turned to the gaming aspect and i was initially interested in the fluff side, but as Duke mentioned there are a higher degree of females or unrealistic areas for female characters to be plugged in at.
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast