BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default FFG: Complete Sisters Fluff

We will have to keep an eye on this Dark Heresy: Blood of Martyrs [URL="http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=50&esem=2"]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=50&esem=2[/URL],page down, last book. So... no more Inq direct relationship???
    Till now I enjoy all fluff in FFG WH40K rpgs books (Dark Heresy & Rogue Trader, will see Deathwatch) so this one is an incoming ...

Blood of Martyrs contains new rules, backgrounds, alternate careers and equipment for playing servants of the Adeptus Ministorum, the church of the God-Emperor of Mankind.

Included within are a detailed history of the Ecclesiarchy and the Sisters of Battle, as well as extensive accounts of the Ministorum within the Calixis Sector from Shrine worlds to the powerful cardinals of the Sector Synod. Take up the mantle of the most faithful of the Emperor’s servants, the Adepta Sororitas including the Sisters of Battle and the Orders Dialogous, Famulous and Hospitaller!
    Last edited by heartbitt; 09-13-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Yay FFG

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The Adepta Sororitas have always been servants of the Adeptus Ministorum, not the Ordo Hereticus. They have an agreement with the Ordo Hereticus to serve as its chamber militant, but they've never been a "part of" the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The Adepta Sororitas have always been servants of the Adeptus Ministorum, not the Ordo Hereticus. They have an agreement with the Ordo Hereticus to serve as its chamber militant, but they've never been a "part of" the Inquisition.
    I think what's being driven at is that maybe the Sisters will have more fluff then 3 or 4 pages. Even in the old Sisters of Battle codex (2nd ed) there wasn't a lot of fluff. I think they spent more pages talking about Bucharest's empire and his war with the Space Wolves. This book will be quite a bit larger than a codex and likley have more cool info though I expect alot of it to be Calixis sector specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    but they've never been a "part of" the Inquisition.
    This pops up from time to time.
    I like more SoB (as well) to be apart from Inquisition but in the old fluff they were part of the Inquisition -like it or not- as militar chamber of the Ordo Hereticus .. and OH is Inquisition, in fact, if you go to GW website "[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?pageMode=multi&categoryId=cat440130a&p Index=4&aId=9300005&start=5"]Getting Started with Warhammer 40,000[/URL]" states EXACTLY as this:

Witch Hunters
    The constant war against heresy and betrayal is fought by the Ordo Hereticus, the branch of the Inquisition charged with preserving the Imperial faith and ensuring the loyalty of its subjects. Should the foes of the Ordo Hereticus prove too great for clandestine solutions, they unleash THEIR Chamber Militant - the Sisters of Battle - to take the war to the enemy. Utterly devout and ferociously loyal, the Sisters of Battle cleanse the enemies of the Imperium with fire and sword.

Quote Originally Posted by heartbitt View Post
    This pops up from time to time.
    I like more SoB (as well) to be apart from Inquisition but in the old fluff they were part of the Inquisition -like it or not- as militar chamber of the Ordo Hereticus .. and OH is Inquisition, in fact, if you go to GW website "[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?pageMode=multi&categoryId=cat440130a&p Index=4&aId=9300005&start=5"]Getting Started with Warhammer 40,000[/URL]" states EXACTLY as this:

Witch Hunters
    The constant war against heresy and betrayal is fought by the Ordo Hereticus, the branch of the Inquisition charged with preserving the Imperial faith and ensuring the loyalty of its subjects. Should the foes of the Ordo Hereticus prove too great for clandestine solutions, they unleash THEIR Chamber Militant - the Sisters of Battle - to take the war to the enemy. Utterly devout and ferociously loyal, the Sisters of Battle cleanse the enemies of the Imperium with fire and sword.
    You know that is actually the "new fluff" from almost 7 years ago of the Witch Hunter codex, the old 2nd edition codex made little mention of the Inquisition other than to say they sometimes had similar goals I believe. They were not a chamber militant of the Inquisition then but the army of the Ecclesiarchy and they still are that. Now in the "new fluff", they are bound by Convocation of Nephilim to assist the Inquisiton in its holy mission. Its a mission they share. Howver much like an Inquistor calling on Space Marines, I'm fairly certain that the Sisters can refuse if they feel they have good grounds to do so. The Sorortias remit is actually pretty wide to do what they need to do.

I see, .... but...
    Yes, the similar goals, was already established in the WH40 1 Ed. (RT) rulebook, page 268, and IMHO they were acting EXACTLY LIKE Inquisition, that I was refering for old fluff.

In 1st edition says clearly SoB are part of the Ecclesiarchy, but in that little text there's not metion of SoB fighting battles. It said that SoB are dedicated to control & check the members of the Adeptus Terra (alike modern internal affairs?)
    "Every single day, squads of battle-sisters descend upon unsuspecting departments of the Adeptus Terra, administering genetic & psychological test in order to expose wrong doers, MUTANTS and malcontents".
    If that is not the Inquisition way, well then...

Stuff gets retconed all the time, just enjoy the ride man

The Adepta Sororitas have an agreement to act as the chamber militant of the Ordo Hereticus, this doesn't make them part of the Ordo Hereticus anymore than the Metropolitan Police working with the FBI on counter-terrorism make them part of the same organization.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Right, it's kinda like the CIA calling up the Marines and saying "hey, we just uncovered the location of Mujah-al-Bubba's hiding place. So go do your thing, let us know how it goes".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast