BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

When Slaanesh gives you crabs, It doesn't mess about it.

I like the previous miniatures more too, thugh I don't dislike the current sculpts. It would be nice if the new sculpts are even better. Not that I play Daemons or have any intention of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Artein View Post
    Those?
    [URL="http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2008/12/19/13256_sm-Daemonettes,%20Slannesh,%20White%20Dwarf.jpg"]http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2008/12/19/13256_sm-Daemonettes,%20Slannesh,%20White%20Dwarf.jpg[/URL]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Everwynd View Post
    if they'd release plastic versions of current minis, would they cancel the metal minis?
    I'd say so, why would they have two different models of the same thing? And one (the plastic) being the better choice.

Reading GW 'what's new' they talk about how it's minis only. They also mentioned that people subscribed through email get the news first, and that something new will be upcoming soon.

I guess this could be the new Fantasy Battles coming out. I don't think it will be a new 40K codex but who knows.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Librarian

Yeah I hate the new Daemonettes. Me and a GW employee would oft get into mildly heated debates (always civil, though. More good-natured razzing) about the previous ones vs the new ones. He claimed the enw ones were good; I maintained that they were a design faux-pas.

The newest plastic Bloodletters are pretty cool to me. Their bases have to be weighted, though. They remind me of my original Rogue Trader-era Bloodletters. I think the oldest Rogue Trader style were not that good but really liked the 40k (2E) ones with the swords. I was not a big fan of the hairy axe-wielding 'Letters. The new plastics are pretty cool, though.

Dameonettes. My poor, poor, now insanely expensive on Ebay Daemonettes. I HATED the old muscle-bound Daemonettes and absolutely LOVE the newer, slender, sexy models from around 40k 3E. The new plastics are OK but nowhere near as cool to me as the previous metals. They are supposed to be seductive and graceful, lithe and deadly but the old RT-era bald steroid Daemonettes and the new plastics with Mortal Kombat inspired hair just don't appeal to me so much. Maybe the new Seekers will be pretty enough to get me to buy some.

I thought the old Horrors were characterful and have been missing them changing from Pink to Blue for a long time. The new minis are pretty cool but I would bet a plastics sprue would be even cooler.

Plaguebearers have not seemed to change too much to me. The newer the model, the larger it seems to be but they all seem equally cool. I would really like to get a plastic kit to spice things up a bit, though.

I don't think any of the Elites or Fast choices will get the plastic treatment, at least not this go around. The remaining Herald choices would be nice to see and maybe a conversion pack for making the named Greater Daemons. Anyway, just some of my random thoughts. I am now eagerly awaiting more information on the Daemons even as I plan to shelve the army when all of the local Marine players start to proxy the new Grey Knights. I have watched a couple of armies go from color X Space Marines to Space Wolves and now to Blood Angels. I've even now seen Chaos Marines who are actually Space Marines and Blood Angels. At least my Chaos Marines have always been Chaos Marines and my Grey Knights have always been Grey Knights. I am just afraid that the Grey Knights will be a bit too much for the Daemons Codex to handle, pretty new minis this summer or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

Definatly agree that the previous version of the demonettes were far superior to the new ones and the current horror models are probably the best models in the whole range (its best not to think about how they used to look with the big hands and ****)
    a plastic herald box would be good but i can't see it happening unless it was some kind of big box with various bodies and heads which might be quite cool to use for converting and stuff

other than that and maybe the demon chariots I can't see what they are going to release (except maybe new furies)

I could see chariot kits that are specific to one god, though they probably won't do all three. I would not be surbrised to see four basic herald models for the four gods.

What I expect:
    plastic DP kit
    plastic horrors (the only troop option not updated since codex release)
    seekers
    blue scribes

Fateweaver is a maybe, as it would be a seller but I don't see citadel bothering with greater daemons when there are both GW and forgeworld basic kits for each god. I'd bet on chariots over tall, dark and molting.

(Also, fully agree RE: superiority of 2nd daemonette version over 1st and 3rd. Lovely models.)

Quote Originally Posted by nojinx View Post
    I could see chariot kits that are specific to one god, though they probably won't do all three. I would not be surbrised to see four basic herald models for the four gods.

What I expect:
    plastic DP kit
    plastic horrors (the only troop option not updated since codex release)
    seekers
    blue scribes

Fateweaver is a maybe, as it would be a seller but I don't see citadel bothering with greater daemons when there are both GW and forgeworld basic kits for each god. I'd bet on chariots over tall, dark and molting.

(Also, fully agree RE: superiority of 2nd daemonette version over 1st and 3rd. Lovely models.)
    Plastic DP would be awesome, simply awesome.

If more of the Daemon army became plastic I would sure create a 40K/FB hybrid (magnet bases) and use it together with my WoC and CSM armies. I would really want the DP with wings pictured in the WoC FB army book, it simply looks stunning imo.

The Dark Mechanic

Default Pictures of the new Daemon models

Pictures of the new Daemon models are [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/240/294986.page"]here at this link![/URL] Enjoy.

Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 05-23-2010 at 08:21 AM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

The Dark Mechanic

Default Pictures of new Daemon models, part 2

And here are the rest:

See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast