BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Yep that's a cool idea, I will be going for a mixed scheme of various "Free Blades" myself too. Far more striking I think. In the cabinet and on the table.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

My thoughts exactly
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=13500002"]Games Workshop[/URL] 2-24-2014

Knights can be fielded in two different ways: as a detachment for a regular Warhammer 40,000 army, including between one and three Knights, or as a full Knight army of up to six of them. Yes, that’s right, you can field a whole army of these massive war machines.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

via a Reader here on Faeit 212
    Here's a reply I got from GW Customer Service regarding the key question, can Chaos ally with Knights?

Date: 24 February 2014
    To:
    Subject: Re: Imperial Knights

Hi
    Thanks for the email, the rules printed in this week's issue of White Dwarf state that "They may also be taken as allies; you can include up to three Imperial Knights as a single allied detachment for each primary detachment in your army" As such any 40k army can take them as a allied detachment.

Perhaps the persuasive nature of Slaanesh has convinced a Freelance household to work for Chaos, or maybe they just pay better than the Forces of the Imperium.

We hope this helps and that you enjoy the new Imperial Knights.

---------

There ya go Tyranid players. You can now have an Imperial Knight ally.

I expect to see fully converted Genestealer Cult Knights by the end of the week.

Actually, this still needs some clarification.

Because if Knights can ally with anyone... then feasibly, you can have a Knight primary detachment, and have two secondary detachments that would normally not ally with each other, like Tyranids and anyone, or Chaos Marines and Space Marines... Or am I missing something?

Two somethings, even:

1) You must take a second primary detachment in order to have a second allied detachment. That's six Knights minimum, which is 2,220 to 2,250 points by themselves. Once you factor in the points cost of the allied detachments you might as well be playing Apocalypse.

2) Your second allied detachment must be chosen from the same codex as your first allied detachment.

Chapter-Master

Faeit just released this -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marchwk1.PNG 
Views:	604 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	7524

First-Captain

ok so the Codex is finally 100% confirmed - curious as to the other two Knight-related books, and the Limited Edition cover...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

My guess is the limited edition contains the codex and companion guide both, in a custom covered slip case.

Iron Father

This week just keeps getting better and better.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

For everyone that missed it, GW ammended the description. This is not an 8" kit. They are claiming it's 6".. but I'm not buying that either.

Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast