BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Abbess Sanctorum

It's some stupid word for army lists that are created with the help of advice from people online.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    When your list mirrors a netdeck, you're netdecking. When your list doesn't mirror a netdeck, you're not netdecking. It's not about being snobby, it's about being right.
    No. If you write your own list, then you're using your own list. Just because someone comes along and is like "dur-du-dur, your list looks suspiciously familiar" doesn't mean you're "netlisting".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    What, you mean because people don't take very specific units their lists are "netdeck"?

How snobby.

Shove it.
    Oh Melissia,

Believe me - I am the last person on this forum that you want to get in a verbal sparring match with.

The fact of the matter is that the only people who are so "snobbish" as to assume that NOBODY takes the aforementioned units because of their purported uselessness is someone who has a rather myopic view of the state of the hobby in general.

Dare I say that your espoused opinion reflects player with a confined set of opponents who are obviously concerned with taking the most effective units - and not units that they "just like".

Its amazing how these supposedly worthless units are suddenly not only fun to play with but ... *gasp* effective, when you aren't playing against the latest flavor of the month internet list (or what is considered a netdeck list).

So your insistence that these units are never used is, on the face of it, false in every facet of the context in which you placed it.

Thats how we "shove it" around here m'lady. If you want to get off the porch with me - then bring it. I will make you sorry that you ever crawled out of that hole that was apparently neither dark nor deep enough to confine you.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Believe me - I am the last person on this forum that you want to get in a verbal sparring match with.
    I don't give a damn what you think you are.

The fact of the matter is that the only people who are so "snobbish" as to assume that NOBODY takes the aforementioned units
    An assertion you pulled out of your *** and not out of my posts.
    because of their purported uselessness
    Dare I say that your espoused opinion reflects player with a confined set of opponents who are obviously concerned with taking the most effective units - and not units that they "just like".
    Its amazing how these supposedly worthless units

Shove 'em all back up there. I said they were "some of the least taken units". Nothing more. I didn't say they were uncompetitive, I didn't say I didn't like them, I didn't say I never saw them, I didn't say I never faced them, I didn't say they were never used. You said that, and then claimed that I did because you are a liar or because you misread-- either way, you're wrong, and you should stop.

You like the models, good for you. You use them, good for you. I don't care. But don't pull assertions out thin air and then attribute them to me.
    Last edited by Melissia; 06-22-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

LOL Is it sad I really am only interested in threads that Melissa posts in because she's hilarious?

I say go at it you two. I'll be here with Jelly Bellies and popcorn.

\nom nom nom
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Chapter-Master

Ohh fantastic!

Quote bombs followed by nonsense replies.

First of all, my assertions are the complete truth. I particularly like that you accused me of making assertions that I pulled out of my (something, I don't know what, I wouldn't want to assert something that you didn't intend).

Lets review and indulge in some critical thought, rather than visceral mindless retaliation.

You stated originally in post #61 that:
    Lol, sniper rifles are still going to be useless.
    To which I replied that they are useful now against specific units such as C'tan, Wraithlords and Big bugs to which you replied in post #67:
    You mean some of the least used models in the game?
    To which I simply said "If you play against nothing but netdecked lists then I suppose that would be the case" (I paraphrase because I find it very unbecoming to quote myself)

To which you told me that I was a "snob" and to "shove it."

I think that its important to realize where we started here.

1st non-think canned response: An assertion you pulled out of your *** and not out of my posts.
    I didn't pull it out of your posts. I simply stated my opinion. Its snobbish to assume that these units are some of the "least used" models in the game when the only empirical data you could possibly have to support that would be the collated lists from competitive events. Your ancedotal evaluation of the usage rate of certain models is no better than mine, and I see those units all the time.

2nd non-think canned response: An assertion you pulled out of your *** and not out of my posts.
    Sure I did. You said Sniper rifles were "useless" because the only units that they're effective against are hardly ever taken. Perhaps the units themselves aren't useless but there certainly is a reason why you think these units are hardly ever used. Certainly it can't be because there are too many sniper rifles on the table - can it?

3rd non-think canned response: An assertion you pulled out of your *** and not out of my posts.
    Ok you got me here! I don't know what kind of groups you play in. I don't know anything about you other than you're a very annoying, overly self-assured forum troll whose sense of righteous indignation has her convinced that the entire internet is a bunch of knickle dragging primates compared to her vast intellect. Sorry, there I go on assumptions again - or is it an observation.... hrmph.

Shove 'em all back up there.
    I'm sure glad that we've achieved such a stupendously mature level of debate here. No wonder everyone just ignores you.

I said they were "some of the least taken units". Nothing more.
    When coupled to your comment about sniper rifles, any rational, critically thinking human being can connect the dots. You've said a lot more - how about your comment somewhere about why nobody takes 9 pentient engines? If I recall, it was "because they suck" was your reply.

You said that, and then claimed that I did because you are a liar or because you misread-- either way, you're wrong, and you should stop.
    I did say all those things. And I was correct (the fact that they were assertions and opinionsdoesn't mean that they aren't correct) and no, I wont stop - nor will I bow to what I'm sure you think is a venomous tongue (or fingers or whatever).

You like the models, good for you. You use them, good for you. I don't care.

Chapter-Master

Before you reply with another one of your vitriolic tantrums Melissia, let me forewarn you that my reply might not be forthcoming until later this evening. Sadly I must go procure more funds through my labor with which I can pay my ISP to make more supposed assertions on the internet.

Its amazing how these supposedly worthless units are suddenly not only fun to play with but ... *gasp* effective, when you aren't playing against the latest flavor of the month internet list (or what is considered a netdeck list).
    Erm... So what your saying is a less effective units are usefulls when your opponent also handicaps himself? That isn't a very good argument in all honesty and is very subjective....
    =/

Not to mention thier is nothing wrong with a gameing group that enjoys playing at a more competitive level. Every gaming group is different. I don't want to make assumptions, but I just assumed Melissa plays with more competitive groups and in more tourney settings. As opposed to your self, who I get the impresstion you are a more "beer and pretzel type" of player.

The truth is in most tournes? Yes. Most MC's are pretty bloody useless. (Note: Most is not the same is all. Their are always exceptions and surprises.) But now that all MC's only have a +3Sv at best, and the name of many people's game is missle launchers? Yah. MC's die prety quickly in general. I personal play offten in such a setting, and the only time I ever see a MC is when playing ageist CSM. (Usely because their the most coast effective HQ in the book sadly.)

And even then thows to have been slowly disappearing. As many CSM players just started playing count-as their army as space wolfes or start collecting other armies until a new CSM book comes out.

But all the same. With missile launchers dirt cheap or even free in most current SM books, their is very little reason to take snipers in said army. (Missles will do that same thing plus more for less points.)

Even with guard their is very little reason to fit them in your list when you already have so much cheap heavy weaponry.

Melissia's argument for why snipers and MC's are irrelevant in most competive settings currently is not unfounded.

In the end of the day, different strokes for different folks yeah know? A Bear and Pretzels looking down on competitive players is just as snobbish as competitive players looking down on the bear and pretzel gamers in all honesty. This is a two way street.

=/
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-22-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Most of the time I skip Melissa post cuz they put no usefull things to conversation on this forum....but now its actualy funny to read, ehh.....I bow my head to Defenestratus for will to reply for her trol post.

Erm... So what your saying is a less effective units are usefulls when your opponent also handicaps himself? That isn't a very good argument in all honesty and is very subjective....
    =/
    So you saying fun list are handicaps...yeah thats ok....for someone who play competitive only.
    But I still dont get why you cant play competitive with fun list...Its some kind of rule?? Having fun list make you play to lose?....nah...

I welcome changes but dont hope for nothing, cuz as we all know: "Hope is the first step on the road of disappointment".
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Abbess Sanctorum

First of all, my assertions are the complete truth.
    [and the rest of the pathetic tripe]
    Oh shutup already.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    C'tan, wraithlords and big bugs beg to differ with you on that.
    You mean some of the least used models in the game?
    That is the post you responded to.

The only thing I said was quite specific: those three units are some of the least used models in the game. All other assertions about those units were made by you. Get to shoving it. Nobody likes people who make things up and then say other people said them.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast