BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

True. Ideally, I'd like a PDF document that allows you to take one like any other Knight. Either as part of an Imperial Knight Primary Detachment, or can be taken as an allied Knight, but you never know. I just hope if they do so that they'll release the rules for including them in 40k sooner rather than later. I've got two Knights right now (Paladin and Errant), and I'd like to get a Lancer, Warden, and Crusader to fill out a full army of Knights without having to duplicate Knight versions.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by George Smiley View Post
    Knight Lancer Rules

Attachment 8056
    I like them, though not being able to shield its rear armour just makes it even more vulnerable to a regular Knights' counters. The model is awesome though, and its gun is far better suited for taking on monstrous creatures. Initiative 5 and 5 attacks on the charge means it will be able to tear apart the majority of monstrous creatures in the game with little difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Garrod View Post
    <snip>
    That Alpha Legion Rite of War could see some ridiculous combinations, though the limitation on infantry units having Infiltrate stops the more broken ones; i.e. taking the Iron Warriors Terminator unit each equipped with cyclone missile launchers and giving them Tank Hunters from the Alpha Legion Legion Tactics. Basically you have to take Infiltrate as the special rule with this Rite of War if you don't want to massively limit yourself. Infiltrating Pyroclasts? Yes please!

The others are decent, though I'm personally not a fan of the Imperial Fists one as generally Breacher Squads and void-shield oriented units tend to be over-costed.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Someone I know on Facebook who is there confirmed that it's written for 30k... He could be wrong, of course, or interpreting partially correct information, but that's what he's got.
    Pretty much everything in 30K aside from Legion specific units like Red Butchers for World Eaters or Primarchs is available in 40K via official PDFs or Imperial Armour books. The Lancer will definitely be allowed in 40K officially when it is released or not long after, there is no way Forge World would restrict that kit to 30K when 40K just got the Imperial Knight craze going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I actually won two games with them yesterday. I thought that it was impossible for Chaos to win?
    No one ever says anything like that. That doesn't mean there aren't active disadvantages to playing Chaos Space Marines as opposed to Eldar, though. I abandoned my roughly 5000+ point Thousand Sons 40K army because I got fed up with how lacklustre the codex is in terms of both internal and external balance, creativity and fun. I think it is a boring bare-bones upgrade of the wasteful and generic 4th Edition codex. I don't hate the codex, but when you compare it to the fun and balance of the other 6th Edition books, it falls short on all levels.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 03-31-2014 at 01:39 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Someone isn't familiar with British sarcasm
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Daemon-Prince

Is that not every word a Brit speaks? :P (I am part brit so....ya..)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

I'm aware you were being sarcastic. I'm also aware that some people legitimately make those kind of comments and continuously castigate Chaos players when they complain about the state of the current codex. I'm frankly sick of the situation. If GW had a good rules-set on all levels then so much of the dissent and conflict between hobbyists wouldn't happen.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I'm aware you were being sarcastic. I'm also aware that some people legitimately make those kind of comments and continuously castigate Chaos players when they complain about the state of the current codex. I'm frankly sick of the situation. If GW had a good rules-set on all levels then so much of the dissent and conflict between hobbyists wouldn't happen.
    I agree why are people *****ing about chaos players being mad the Imperium gets a superheavy they can take in normal games but we get NOTHING that can match it? (oh and it can 1 shot are most expensive units that cost more then it does......Good Job there GW!) If people take a knight i reserve the right to take a Daemon Lord or Primarch! (The Imperial player can then bite me and shuv there knight)

- - - Updated - - -

As I am now officially a Chaos player, I have no complaints, yet.
    If Forge World say they will get round to it, they will, but they have a rather hefty project on their hands. I am patient.

I already have 5 Knights anyway.
    Owning 5 Knights would make you an Imperium lover.......... NOT a chaos player.

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I like them, though not being able to shield its rear armour just makes it even more vulnerable to a regular Knights' counters. The model is awesome though, and its gun is far better suited for taking on monstrous creatures. Initiative 5 and 5 attacks on the charge means it will be able to tear apart the majority of monstrous creatures in the game with little difficulty.
    Yeah, it's really great at taking out high Initiative Monstrous Creatures. Shoot them with it's gun, get the Concussive effect, then charge in and attack first.

I agree why are people *****ing about chaos players being mad the Imperium gets a superheavy they can take in normal games but we get NOTHING that can match it?
    So, I guess you forgot about the Lord of Skulls, a Super-Heavy which can be taken in normal games and which can easily match a Knight in combat?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m3310647a_99120102041_KhorneLordOfSkulls01_873x627.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	8059

And Chaos has plenty that can match it aside from that, principally the Heldrake, which is immune to harm from the Knight while being able to slap it with Str 7 Vector Strikes against its 12 Side Armor and shots from its Str 8 Hades Autocannon.
    Last edited by The Emperor; 03-31-2014 at 02:07 AM.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Yeah, it's really great at taking out high Initiative Monstrous Creatures. Shoot them with it's gun, get the Concussive effect, then charge in and attack first.

So, I guess you forgot about the Lord of Skulls?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m3310647a_99120102041_KhorneLordOfSkulls01_873x627.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	8059

And Chaos has plenty that can match it, principally the Heldrake, which is practically immune to harm from the Knight while being able to slap it with Str 7 Vector Strikes against its 12 Side Armor and shots from its Str 8 Hades Autocannon.
    You do know the Lord of Skulls IS NOT ALLOWED in not escalation events & Knight are right? Also how is the heldrake going to help when you need a 6 to damage the knight and it can shoot the drake down no problem?

Edit: Oh we have plenty eh? Ok you can't use stormtalons,stormravens or Sternguard anymore.
    Last edited by White Tiger88; 03-31-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    You do know the Lord of Skulls IS NOT ALLOWED in not escalation events & Knight are right? Also how is the heldrake going to help when you need a 6 to damage the knight and it can shoot the drake down no problem?
    1) Escalation is a supplement as valid as any codex. If others don't allow it then that's not an issue with the rules, as everything in it is as rules legal as Codex: Imperial Knights. And 2) How are the Knights supposed to shoot down the Heldrakes? You can't Snap Fire Blast weapons, and the Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon and Thermal Cannon are both Large Blast weapons. The only guns they can shoot at the Heldrake's are the Heavy Stubbers, and they can't possibly harm the Heldrake. Meanwhile, Vector Strikes are inflicted against SIDE ARMOR, so they do damage on a 5+, while a Hades Autocannon, if fired against Side or Rear Armor, does damage on a 4+. So yeah, Heldrake's are totally immune to damage from a Knight while they can in turn shred a Knight.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    1) Escalation is a supplement as valid as any codex. If others don't allow it then that's not an issue with the rules, as everything in it is as rules legal as Codex: Imperial Knights. And 2) How are the Knights supposed to shoot down the Heldrakes? You can't Snap Fire Blast weapons, and the Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon and Thermal Cannon are both Large Blast weapons. The only guns they can shoot at the Heldrake's are the Heavy Stubbers, and they can't possibly harm the Knight.
    image removed by mod

Games workshop doesn't allow its own books in events, so i fail to see your point...........Maybe go talk to them about there events and how escalation is considered a "Supplement" like city's of death and the Knights are a "Codex" which anyone but Chaos & Nids can enjoy?
    Last edited by The Girl; 03-31-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast