BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should CSM get a razorback?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! They need it.

17 41.46%
  • No! They're traitors!

15 36.59%
  • Who cares? I'm a Necron.

9 21.95%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I'd rather go for Drop pods. They are in nearly every Black Library Story and it doesn't make sense lacking the most iconic deployment option.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    I'd rather go for Drop pods. They are in nearly every Black Library Story and it doesn't make sense lacking the most iconic deployment option.
    Well, the CSM have them via the Imperial Armour books. We in fact have better drop pods than Loyalists do, if you consider them. That said, I personally have never been a fan of drop pod-focused armies.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Well, the CSM have them via the Imperial Armour books. We in fact have better drop pods than Loyalists do, if you consider them. That said, I personally have never been a fan of drop pod-focused armies.
    not really, they are 3 times the price and you dont really need a drop pod to do anything after its delivered its cargo.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    3 times the price, no ObjSec. I would not call that "better"

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by marful View Post
    Oh yeah, also the STC for the Razorback was re-discovered in M36.

What event caused it to be lost in the first place?

Hint: The same event is where the Emprah almost got deaded...
    Erm, you're mixing the Age of Strife with the Horus Heresy dude. No Razorbacks in the Heresy or Great Crusade, they were lost long before that.

If you were the leader of a Chaos warband and you managed to capture an Imperial Razorback, baring in mind that you have no really reliable way of manufacting vehicles, would you keep it as a Razorback to carry your six dudes or rip the guns off and carry your full squad?
    Last edited by Path Walker; 02-09-2015 at 05:11 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Erm, you're mixing the Age of Strife with the Horus Heresy dude. No Razorbacks in the Heresy or Great Crusade, they were lost long before that.

If you were the leader of a Chaos warband and you managed to capture an Imperial Razorback, baring in mind that you have no really reliable way of manufacting vehicles, would you keep it as a Razorback to carry your six dudes or rip the guns off and carry your full squad?
    I'd stick a daemon in it.....but I have a thing for daemon engines
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

First-Captain

Thats your solution to everything, stick a daemon in it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Thats your solution to everything, stick a daemon in it.
    usually works....until feeding time

(then it becomes a very effective team management tool)

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    not really, they are 3 times the price and you dont really need a drop pod to do anything after its delivered its cargo.
    Chaos Dreadclaw Drop Pod - has frag assault launchers on it allowing a dreadnought/hellbrute inside it to assault after deep striking. All models that are within 3 + D3 inches of the impact sight get hit with a S6 AP5 hit and all vehicles that are hit take that hit on their weakest front. And any unit it would direclty land upon, before moving to settle down for deployment, takes D6 attacks of the same profile mentione before. It's a Fast Attack choice, but then again at century-worth of points it's not a bad deal imho.

Then again, if they would give us the ability to transport regular CSM or infantry in the Kharybdis that would be nice.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

it also lacks inertial guidance

They are a decent tool, but they dont really allow us to run different lists like the drop pod does, at most they offer another deployment option for one or two units if desired. which is pretty small benefit at that price

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast