BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 215 of 338 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3377

Got more games than the XBone, and plenty on the way.

Glad I waited 18 months before buying though. I don't mind playing 'middling' games, especially if they're lesser seen genres (Murdered is one of those) but I do mind paying top dollar for them.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

That has none either...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Never really 'got' sports games meself.
    Eh... no different from playing a skirmish-level war game when it's at the team level, and no different from an FPS or RPG when you're at the player level. It's just playing a different type of "fantasy" out, and sometimes you actually have to use strategy and thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    You mentioned sports games and then started talking about NFL and NBA?

Seriously though, they killed fifa years ago form what I've heard. And while I've played the demo of NHL 15, everything I've read online suggests it's not as good as 14
    Well, NFL and NBA are sports, so...

Haven't been able to get into soccer much (sorry, as an American I'll use that term to distinguish it from American football). I've seen a game live (match between Fulham FC and DC United when they unveiled the new video boards at the local stadium), and saw the World Cup a few years ago, but that's it. There's actually a team in Jacksonville now (Armada), and they're even trying to build them a real field to play so they aren't using the baseball field, but unfortunately their games are usually on Saturday, and that's when I'm gaming with friends. Otherwise I'd have a season ticket.

Not sure how good I'd be with the game, though. Soccer and hockey games give me a bit more trouble at times. I think they've gotten better.

Chapter-Master

Lols

If it hasn't caught on yet I doubt it will tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Lols

If it hasn't caught on yet I doubt it will tbh
    I like the sport, just haven't had the opportunity to catch many matches. It's usually on cable, and I don't bother spending money on cable TV because it'd increase my monthly bill a large amount just for a very small number of channels I'd occasionally watch. If networks like ESPN ever get online packages without requiring cable service, that'll help. I was all prepped to get Armada season tickets until I found out the games were on Saturdays, which is the day my friends have to play games. And I like going to sporting events with someone, but it seems most of my friends aren't sports fans (like there's an unspoken rule that you can't be a nerd and a sports fan at the same time?).

Chapter-Master

Fifa is always improving, it is inevitable in an annual series like that that just needs tweaks. I enjoyed 14 and will be picking up 16. PS4 and Xbox One both have plenty of games.

Stick it to the man is good fun, I enjoyed that. Get playstation+ membership if you haven't already. regardless of whether or not you play online, you get free games every month. Been three or four a month for the last few months.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Fifa is always improving, it is inevitable in an annual series like that that just needs tweaks.
    Eh... You'd think so. But there's parts of older Madden NFL games that are better than current, and missing, or were removed for a short time before being added back, i.e.:

- Sideline camera view when playing coach mode
    - Ticker tape at the bottom of the screen that showed scores from other games
    - Owner mode (just got brought back, watered down)
    - Some of the Superstar features
    - Studio show

That's just off the top of my head.

But given that NCAA Football has more features and better presentation, I think it's just the one series, not necessarily EA in total. Though I'd heard similar problems with the NHL series.

With NCAA gone, I guess FIFA is the lone EA Sports series that actually bothers trying to improve each year. Think I'll give it a look.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Fifa is always improving, it is inevitable in an annual series like that that just needs tweaks. I enjoyed 14 and will be picking up 16. PS4 and Xbox One both have plenty of games.

Stick it to the man is good fun, I enjoyed that. Get playstation+ membership if you haven't already. regardless of whether or not you play online, you get free games every month. Been three or four a month for the last few months.
    O_o

You get "free" games after paying for "membership" but they're "free"

Chapter-Master

well you get other things as well like online functions. the total value of the free games in the first year was something like £400, from a £40 membership.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I bet you'd get better value spending that £40 on steam sale items.