BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

I personally HATE the idea of ordering your own chapter... Now where did I leave my bank details...

Occuli Imperator

I am just thinking how big the bitz box will be after this.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

It is an interesting deal to look through that's for sure. Were I to win the lottery I have to say I'd be tempted, though I'd certainly be adding to that package, as it has no Scout Bikes, only 2 Vindicator's and not enough Predators for my liking, plus if I had that kind of cash to splash on the hobby I'd want to add a load of Forgeworld stuff on and then find a painting studio mad enough to paint the whole lot up. While they were doing that, I'd have to find a house with a room large enough for all the display cabinets it would take to host a whole chapter and a monster order to Battlefoam too should I ever want/need to transport it all.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    It is an interesting deal to look through that's for sure. Were I to win the lottery I have to say I'd be tempted, though I'd certainly be adding to that package, as it has no Scout Bikes, only 2 Vindicator's and not enough Predators for my liking, plus if I had that kind of cash to splash on the hobby I'd want to add a load of Forgeworld stuff on and then find a painting studio mad enough to paint the whole lot up. While they were doing that, I'd have to find a house with a room large enough for all the display cabinets it would take to host a whole chapter and a monster order to Battlefoam too should I ever want/need to transport it all.
    *takes notes for personal I Won The Lottery List* I like they planning here, please, keep going...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    If money wasn't an issue in lottery win sense, I'd build it myself instead of one clicking, just so Got exactly what I wanted...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    If money wasn't an issue in lottery win sense, I'd build it myself instead of one clicking, just so Got exactly what I wanted...
    But this thing would be the one click you'd need to cover the basics for any chapter.
    It covers all the infantry (unless you prefer a different ratio of 1st-company veterans in terminator/power armour).

The only thing it doesn't do is accurately cover the chapter's motor pool or the vehicles assigned to each company on a permanent basis...and I actually kind of find that disappointing, all things considered. I mean not including Thunderhawks is one thing because they're FW, but you'd think they could at least have as many vehicles as the SM codex says the Ultramarines have at their disposal.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Well I'd drop all the centurions for a start.
    But that's what I mean, if you have that much money, you'd tailor it to your specs...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Dude, it comes with 37 Rhinos...THIRTY-SEVEN RHINOS. That alone is enough for the companies that require ground transport.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Dude, it comes with 37 Rhinos...THIRTY-SEVEN RHINOS. That alone is enough for the companies that require ground transport.
    Actually it comes with 47 of them and 10 Razorbacks (4 separate plus the 6 that are in the 6 Strike Force boxes that the deal includes). But I'd guess the vehicles that Kawauso is referring to are the ones on the Ultramarine's Chapter Org list in the 5th ed codex, that are not in this deal. The 5th edition codex lists the Ultramarine's Armoury as having:

25 Predators
    8 Vindicators
    9 Whirlwinds
    12 Land Raiders (13 counting Maximus which is listed separately)

The sixth edition codex lists the Armoury as having:

52 Battle Tanks (combining Predators, Whirlwinds, Vindicators, Hunters & Stalkers)
    12 Land Raiders (No separate listing for Maximus this time)
    14 Gunships
    24 Centurion Suits
    19 Land Speeders

In this deal you get:

5 Predators
    2 Vindicators
    3 Whirlwinds
    7 Stalker/Hunters
    10 Land Raiders
    3 Stormraven Gunships
    7 Stormtalon Gunships
    11 Land Speeders (plus another 5 that are Storms)
    36 Centurion Suits (12 squad boxes)
    Last edited by Brakkart; 09-18-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Librarian

I could almost be into it if they had a deal where you could just buy the armory by itself

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast