BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I would buy two of those sets.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Hmmmm.

If you're pondering what I'm pondering.....could this be not Heresy, but The Scourging, which immediately followed the Heresy?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Hmmmm.

If you're pondering what I'm pondering.....could this be not Heresy, but The Scourging, which immediately followed the Heresy?
    I don't know about that, it's certainly a possibility. We don't know a whole lot about that period and so its plausible traitors would have passed through Ultramar on their way to hide but it's the other end of the galaxy from the Eye of Terror so they'd be really lost.

I think Great Crusade would have been a good choice for a setting, loads of opportunities for Xenos and then still scope for Astartes fighting at the end, but only having MK IV and Cataphractii pretty much rules that out as those were both very late in the Crusade. Of course what we really all want is a Necromunda style pre-Unification Wars Techno-Barbarian Skirmish game on Terra, right? Muscled up, proto-Power Armoured, mohawked barbarians with chainswords? Yes please.
    Last edited by Filthy Casual; 08-27-2015 at 05:07 AM.

If it was the Scouring I would expect the armour to be more varied and similar to the 40k Tactical squad though, as Heresy 'pattern' armour was widespread, and MkVI and Mk VII armour were used by the loyalists by then, and the easier to produce patterns of Terminator armour more common. To me, the equipment is too GC era for it to be likely to be the Scouring, too uniform. The special and heavy weapons don't make a whole lot of sense, but this could just be the usual GW approach of give every potential option.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    So I'm not up to speed on my HH unit options, but are all the reg marines all bolter equipped? I see some other fancy weapons, and a missile launcher. What about the termies?

Thanx in advance.
    In FW's army list, special/heavy equipment distribution breaks down as follows:

• Tactical Squads number 10-20 men. Troops choice. They all have bolters, and have no options for any other type of weapon. They get a special rule that basically enables them to shoot twice at the cost of next turn's shooting.
    • Tactical Support Squads number 5-10 men. Troops choice. They all have flamers, but can replace those with any special weapon they like; everyone must have the same weapon. Graviton guns are an option, but they are not Grav-guns; they're essentially the stage before the development of 40K grav weaponry, so they're an area denial weapon at this stage, not an anti-heavy infantry one. They also have access to Rotor Cannon (which look like Assault Cannon, but which have the statline of a multi-shot lasgun) and Volkite weaponry, which is fairly good. These squads may not be taken as compulsory troop choices for any FOC.
    • Devastator Squads number 5-10 men. Heavy support choice. They all have heavy bolters, but can replace them with any heavy weapon they like; everyone must have the same weapon. Note that there are no 'bolter' marines in the squad; everyone carries a heavy weapon, meaning you can field a frankly absurd number of Plasma cannon or Autocannon.

There are a variety of other squad types, but these three are the ones which use the special/heavy weapons included in the Mk IV sprues, so it looks like the HH game they're releasing is pretty much going to have to have a different structure to the army list.

It could be that the Legion list released so far represents early-Heresy disposition; it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that the new game represents the mid-Heresy period where new tactics were being adopted. After all, at the start of the Heresy, the Legions weren't designed to/used to fighting one another. As the war progressed, it seems very likely their strategies and squad designs would have changed.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

I'd probably get a couple boxes. Sure, I'd prefer MkIII because it looks cooler for my Iron Warriors, but still, this would give me a nice base of infantry and a couple of Contemptors, and I could probably convert some of the Cataphractii to have cyclones for the special IW unit. For most people, this will give them everything but vehicles and maybe heavy weapon units.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I'd probably get a couple boxes. Sure, I'd prefer MkIII because it looks cooler for my Iron Warriors, but still, this would give me a nice base of infantry and a couple of Contemptors, and I could probably convert some of the Cataphractii to have cyclones for the special IW unit. For most people, this will give them everything but vehicles and maybe heavy weapon units.
    bit of a shame it isn't the IW/IF matchup rumoured previously, but I thought that sounded too cool to be true to be fair. I prefer MKIII also. Still sounds like an amazing though...
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Are we sure that those sprue full of bits ar coming from the theoretical starter set, or is part of a box like the new tactical squad?

The richness GW offered to us lately in theit starters is well known, but, none of them so rich in options like a 3-set full tactical squad with 3 special weapons, 2 heavy weapons, and a fully customizable sergeant with a lot of both shoot and melee special options.

To me sounds that the clampack will probably be in the starter, but not sure regarding the "veteran tactical squad" (as FW call that particular layout), and I'm thinking more to a 3-pieces space marines for the starter, it's unusual to have such a lot options in a starter

Fly Lord

via an anonymous Faeit[URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/srhNubfOCSU/betrayal-at-calth-hex-based-game-board.html"] source[/URL] 8-30-2015

Horus Heresy Plastic Boxed Game

Game Title: "Betrayal at Calth"
    Type: Boardgame - hex based board
    Dice: D6s w/ custom symbols
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Flame View Post
    Are we sure that those sprue full of bits ar coming from the theoretical starter set, or is part of a box like the new tactical squad?

The richness GW offered to us lately in theit starters is well known, but, none of them so rich in options like a 3-set full tactical squad with 3 special weapons, 2 heavy weapons, and a fully customizable sergeant with a lot of both shoot and melee special options.
    possible, but then with the Heresy offerings previously being an older player's game (given costs and skill required to build compared to plastic) it could be that GW envisage a more mature take up of the set. not so much a starter set for beginners, but a product for the veterans who will spend a lot of money on Forge World extras. not much point releasing heresy marines if you can't put FW shoulder pads and upgrade sets on them...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast