BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

He has a 75% chance of rolling any given power. Same basic idea as caluculating the odds of failing, but since he gets a reroll instead of (5/6) * (4/5) * (3/4) it becomes (5/6)^2 * (4/5)^ * (3/4)^2=.25. 1-.25=75%
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    He has a 75% chance of rolling any given power. Same basic idea as caluculating the odds of failing, but since he gets a reroll instead of (5/6) * (4/5) * (3/4) it becomes (5/6)^2 * (4/5)^ * (3/4)^2=.25. 1-.25=75%
    No, reread post #3. You get three powers out of six every time. 3 powers / 6 powers = 1/2 or 50%. You get 50% of the powers available so 50% of the time the power you were looking for is in them.

Chapter-Master

No, reread the post above mine. Tigirius may reroll his powers. That changes the math. Normally a ML3 psyker has a 50% chance of rolling a given power. Tigirius has a 75% chance, because he can reroll if you don't like the power he gets the first time.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Scout

Sorry, missed that that we moved on to a re-rolling Tigirius. I was still doubting you though, as the odds worked out the same as if I had 2 Master level 3's. initially I thought that his ability to re-roll would be better than just another chance. Then again, re-rolling is just another chance.

re-rolling equation:
    (5/6)^2 * (4/5)^2 * (3/4)^2 = .25 and 1 - .25 = 75%

2 level 3's equation:

(1/2) * (1/2) = 1/4 and 1 - .25 = 75%

I guess intuition will only get you 1/2 way, and you'll mathematics for the remaining 60% (there's a math joke in there).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12