BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Games Day UK Culexus Assassin

Good day ladies, gentlemen and everything else that lurks these boards...

Those of you who went to Games Day UK this year may have seen me in my costume as a Culexus Assassin. Given the number of photos I posed for, you may have even taken one of me yourself!

Well, somehow I managed to forget to take any of myself at all, and so am trying to amass a collection of as many as of the pictures that were taken (of me on my own, and in group shots) as possible!

So, could you please post them to this thread if you have/can find any! Just so you know, here is the picture that made it's way on to the GW website;

Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Iron Father

Nice effort on the outfit. Not a big fan of the dressing up thing on gamesday, I think it kind of makes those of us in the hobby look even more geeky than is reasonable. But I have to say you went one step beyond and I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Nice effort on the outfit. Not a big fan of the dressing up thing on gamesday, I think it kind of makes those of us in the hobby look even more geeky than is reasonable. But I have to say you went one step beyond and I was impressed.
    Trust me, there will always be people who cos-play events. But at least this is good cos-play.

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Those of you who went to Games Day UK this year may have seen me in my costume as a Culexus Assassin. Given the number of photos I posed for, you may have even taken one of me yourself!

Well, somehow I managed to forget to take any of myself at all, and so am trying to amass a collection of as many as of the pictures that were taken (of me on my own, and in group shots) as possible![/IMG]
    Your costume was awesome! I was the Tech-cultist in black and red robes with a rebreather, felt like I'd made nowhere near enough effort next to you!

Have you found any photos of the big group shot that people did at 3pm yet? Just after the "watch the Culexus drink" moment?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Chapter-Master

That was an odd moment... For those of you who weren't there, Six people watching me drink, all because I had a Morphsuit covering my face and was drinking through it.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos from around 3pm yet. Shame, cus those were the ones where I was posing with my Psyke-Out Grenades (aka Deoderant cans).

In general I agree with you Deadlift. I do hate it when people wear costumes that are really bad or more importantly cxostume where they obviously haven't put in much effort, although I think this year all the costumes were pretty fantastic, especially the 3 or 4 guardsmen (and women!), the Commissar and the kid that was a Grot with his oversized gun!

Cheers for the compliments guys Keep hunting for those pics!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Nice work on the stuffing

Tha is really nifty, well done. I love event cosplay, I've got a bunch of costumes but I never get to the events anymore.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Great work. Love the commitment.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    That was an odd moment... For those of you who weren't there, Six people watching me drink, all because I had a Morphsuit covering my face and was drinking through it.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos from around 3pm yet. Shame, cus those were the ones where I was posing with my Psyke-Out Grenades (aka Deoderant cans).

In general I agree with you Deadlift. I do hate it when people wear costumes that are really bad or more importantly cxostume where they obviously haven't put in much effort, although I think this year all the costumes were pretty fantastic, especially the 3 or 4 guardsmen (and women!), the Commissar and the kid that was a Grot with his oversized gun!

Cheers for the compliments guys Keep hunting for those pics!
    The kid in the cardboard, unpainted "space marine armour" at the 2008 GD has to be the worst cos i have ever seen. Held together by string. Fooking hilarious.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    The kid in the cardboard, unpainted "space marine armour" at the 2008 GD has to be the worst cos i have ever seen. Held together by string. Fooking hilarious.
    I thought he was a Tau fire warrior, but i couldn't be sure.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.