BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default playing THAT guy.

yeah, you read right.

THAT guy.

That guy who ruins the fun. That guy who refuses to tell you unit stats when you ask politely. That guy who tells you 'you should know everything in my codex'.

what would you do when someone pulls this cute little asshat move? especially in a tournament?

Chapter-Master

In a casual game? 3 warnings then start packing up my minis....

In a tournement? Turn any compassion off and rape him off the board....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

I would calmly get my phone out and call my wife. I would ask her to go upstairs to dig for the codex in question. I would stay on the phone chatting while she meandered to my game room. If the ******* across the table said anything I would do a big comical SHHHHHHHH, and tell him i'm on the phone trying to get info that you are refusing to give me, so sit down, have a nice cup of shut the **** up, and I'll be with you shortly.

Iron Father

245lbs
    Shaved head
    Beard
    Tattoos
    52inch chest

Most people play nice with me

But seriously I play for fun, someone pulls that kind of crap on me and I just pack up and walk away. Either that or embed my dice in his forehead and call it a win.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    But seriously I play for fun, someone pulls that kind of crap on me and I just pack up and walk away. Either that or embed my dice in his forehead and call it a win.
    What a win that'd be :L
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Librarian

I'd just walk away. I always have in the past. But then, I don't do tournaments. My girlfriend has a great line in this; any time she's run into That Guy when gaming, she's given it just long enough, then cleared her stuff away (s0metimes as they pick up the dice to begin their turn), and when questioned why, explained in full detail every unpleasant/antisocial thing he's done, usually while staring at him with unblinking eyes that judge him on every level, and let him know that not only has he failed, he can never make up for it. If they complain, she'll go through every single unpleasant detail, sometimes with time references, occasionally with recordings she'll have secretly made.

I've seen Those Guys almost reduced to tears by this; it's horrible if it ever happens to you. You end up feeling about an inch tall.

Needless to say, Those Guys she's done it to never return. So it's win-win.

Chapter-Master

Fortunately I've never ended up playing against THAT GUY, though I have seen him/them on other tables.

Should I ever come across them though;

Tournament- reply in kind. roll the dice where he can only just see them and pick em up quickly... "Yep you lost 7 of your 5 remaining marines there. Mephiston? Yeh he died too"

Casual- Well I won't be playing him again in future, let him no said fact but give them one more chance to finish the game and play nice. Then pack up cus my time (especially my free time) is more important than that.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Can't sy I ever come across this guy before. Are they common? I'd be tempted to pull the same back to them, but the douche will probably have memorised everything in my codex so I guess that's out. So I'd wait until they were on the verge of winning, then pack up and leave mid turn without saying a word to them. Guy's going to be dick, he can have it back in spades.

id ask fade first if he didnt know id have to leave and not play THAT GUY again i have never run into them the guys i play with are awesome they got me started playing 40k so they have been nothing but helpfull

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    In a casual game? 3 warnings then start packing up my minis....

In a tournement? Turn any compassion off and rape him off the board....
    I agree... But being more direct:

- Casual game: 1 warning only

- Tournament: Talk directly to a referee... I don´t know in your countries, but in Spain ALL tournaments have this rule: if some player is not fair, at the second referee warning he is pissed off the tournament.
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast