BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Perhaps robotic panthers don't, but IMO, hunting dogs do. The sisters are bred to hunt down heretics. To me, hunting dogs seem to fit.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

Wow. Sarcasm really gets lost on the internet doesn't it? Least I hope who ever started this "ZOMG Sisters got robot attack dogs that shoot teh lasers and burp promethium...and...and...can fly! And have a re-rollable 2++ against men cos they're programmed to be evil!" was being sarcastic and not just ignorant of what the word meant....

And jsut for the record;

Quote Originally Posted by Dictionairy.com
    Bestiary-

a moralizing medieval collection of descriptions (and often illustrations) of real and mythical animals
    Thats the section where theres a picture of the unit, a little fluff above it, and then its rules in expanded form, but no information on points
    Last edited by DrLove42; 07-19-2011 at 07:55 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

It's the part on animals that is getting to me with this whole 'bestiary' concept. Someone else pointed it out that they're referring to parts of the other Codecies on the GW as bestiaries as well, and it just doesn't follow for me. I mean, the root word here is "beast...."

www.queencityguard.com

Thanks guys for the comments on why GW used the explanation of Beastiary. I never knew they used it before. It seems I am not the only one either. :P
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

In all honesty I was about to explain what Dr.Love said, that it's a term GW often uses for the unit fluff/special rule section. But then after I saw people over over-analyzing the use of the term "'bestiary", and coming to wild conclusions was just WAY to entertaining to interrupt.

Also just to throw out thier....
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440270a&prodId=prod1550 002[/url]
    This 144-page Warhammer 40,000 Codex contains all the rules you'll need to field a a Space Marine army, as well as detailed background information, bestiary, accompanying artwork and 'Eavy metal show case.
    Last I checked the C:SM don't have any sort of beasts in their army list.
    =U
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-19-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chapter-Master

I don't think it's an over-analysis; it's merely GW *******izing the word to fit their needs. From my background in literature and writing, a bestiary contains beasts! Animals!

I didn't know that they referred to the fluff sections as such, particularly since they don't actually refer to them as that in the Codecies.

C'est la vie. I was sorta excited about hunting dogs, though.

www.queencityguard.com

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    From my background in literature and writing, a bestiary contains beasts! Animals!
    That's your problem.

I'm glad there's likely to be no beasts. I loathe building freakshow armies.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    That's your problem.

I'm glad there's likely to be no beasts. I loathe building freakshow armies.
    I agree. Heck, I don't even have Arco-Flaggelants in my Sisters army for just that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    I could see the Sisters getting beast in the form of some robotic panthers. Then since they are robots they could take all sorts of crazy war gear, maybe give them stealth and poison attacks.
    Seriously, where did you come up with robot panthers with poison claws? Left field?

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    Seriously, where did you come up with robot panthers with poison claws? Left field?
    I was "under the influence" and just watched Tranformers 2... so yeah. Just trying to think up a way they could throw beast into the sister codex.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

The Dark Mechanic

Bestiary, how apropos for SoB. The darkness of the 40K human Imperium is well expressed in the fanatical, combo of self-mutilated and involuntarily mutilated, creepy, oppressive freaks that make up an SoB army.

See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast