BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default the super [ed: anti] tyranid combo!

just thought of an awesome combo, a SM/Tau army is fighting nids. space marine libby casts enfeeble on harpy or crone, a Tau marker light hits the nid flier, fails grounding test, takes ST9 hit, instagibbed by a ST- weapon!

I will make it my mission in life to make this happen!

Oh, sorry about the misdirection, it shoulds been super anti nid combo

First-Captain

Why bother. I blow away daemons that fly and flying bugs are much easier to kill.

This is a rather misleading thread name. However, it still is pretty meh, as these fliers are so ridiculously vulnerable in the first place. You could save the enfeeble for something stronger, and just shoot markerlights, ground it, and just bolter fire will eliminate it.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by kublade View Post
    This is a rather misleading thread name. However, it still is pretty meh, as these fliers are so ridiculously vulnerable in the first place. You could save the enfeeble for something stronger, and just shoot markerlights, ground it, and just bolter fire will eliminate it.
    Better yet just take skyrays and any additional marker lights would blow away any flying nids due to strength 8 ap 3 seeker missiles that ignore cover saves.

Brother-Captain

T6 would have been nice on them. You know a flyer is feeble when Flakk Missiles are a genuine concern. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    T6 would have been nice on them. You know a flyer is feeble when Flakk Missiles are a genuine concern. :P
    Agreed.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Considering most flyers are armor 10 or 11, I guess most flyers are feeble...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Veteran-Sergeant

Easy now, I never said it was the best way to deal with nid fliers, just one of the more awesome I could imagine.

Big nid player myself, but flying wise I will not field anything but a flyrant, i 1magine.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkspair View Post
    just thought of an awesome combo, a SM/Tau army is fighting nids. space marine libby casts enfeeble on harpy or crone, a Tau marker light hits the nid flier, fails grounding test, takes ST9 hit, instagibbed by a ST- weapon!

I will make it my mission in life to make this happen!

Oh, sorry about the misdirection, it shoulds been super anti nid combo
    Well the problem with that is getting off your Enfeeble power, Deathleaper can reduce you Librarions LD by D3 at the start of the game (while it's alive) and Shadow in the Warp reduces Psyker LD by another 3. So now you Librarian is LD 4-6... good luck. And because SitW doesn't say it's only for psychic test, that also applies to moral and force weapon test. Tyranids mess Psykers up real bad.