BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I'll agree on the models. Personally id like a fully updated sisters range, a few characters for salamanders and white scars,
    I'd like an Iron Hands character before Sallies and White Scars- the latter two at least have a Character already (several for Salamanders with the awesome FW Characters, although sadly these are mostly without models). I don't even have Iron Hands but I think they could have an awesome Character. Perhaps a Character Venerable Dreadnought as an HQ option would fit their style best.
    redone IG with mixed gender,
    Yes please! I really find my old Cadians just don't look great, especially compared to newer stuff like the Tempestus Scions, or even the newer Cadian kits like the Command Squad.
    some female Eldar stuff...and I'm sure theres more that could be done.
    Banshees and other Aspect Warriors done in plastic would be great for Eldar. Warp Spiders, Dark Reapers, Striking Scorpions and Swooping Hawks all need new models. Fire Dragons too, although not so badly.

New Sisters is a given. I really don't know why the one all-plastic model in their range is no longer available, as that is likely one of the few models that would remain unchanged after a Grey Knight style reboot. The Immolator looks cool too.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    I'd like an Iron Hands character before Sallies and White Scars- the latter two at least have a Character already (several for Salamanders with the awesome FW Characters, although sadly these are mostly without models). I don't even have Iron Hands but I think they could have an awesome Character. Perhaps a Character Venerable Dreadnought as an HQ option would fit their style best. Yes please! I really find my old Cadians just don't look great, especially compared to newer stuff like the Tempestus Scions, or even the newer Cadian kits like the Command Squad. Banshees and other Aspect Warriors done in plastic would be great for Eldar. Warp Spiders, Dark Reapers, Striking Scorpions and Swooping Hawks all need new models. Fire Dragons too, although not so badly.

New Sisters is a given. I really don't know why the one all-plastic model in their range is no longer available, as that is likely one of the few models that would remain unchanged after a Grey Knight style reboot. The Immolator looks cool too.
    I can't believe I forgot the one I want most - a female necron overlord or cryptek, so much potential there.

It's surprising IH haven't received a character yet though I agree.

Eldar could also do with a female autarch and such. Plastic aspects are really needed and the reason I've not bought any eldar, and I bet I'm not alone there.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

We don't know anything about the necrotyr other than they were humanoid and sickly. I kind of want GW to play with this more. Maybe they were hermaphroditic egg layers, or started out male and became female as they aged like clownfish do, or two adults would combine zygotes by mutually parasitising a non-sapient member of a different species in which the offspring would grow until 'birth'.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Brother-Captain

I LIKE the stormcast. But to complain that they're plain is to not look at the level of detail on the models, and to bemoan the price is to fail to realise that they're bigger than terminators while having more options. The sheer volume of stuff in a Paladins kit is mindboggling.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    We don't know anything about the necrotyr other than they were humanoid and sickly. I kind of want GW to play with this more. Maybe they were hermaphroditic egg layers, or started out male and became female as they aged like clownfish do, or two adults would combine zygotes by mutually parasitising a non-sapient member of a different species in which the offspring would grow until 'birth'.
    Another reason I want a "war in heaven" 6mm game, a necrontyr faction like that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    I LIKE the stormcast. But to complain that they're plain is to not look at the level of detail on the models, and to bemoan the price is to fail to realise that they're bigger than terminators while having more options. The sheer volume of stuff in a Paladins kit is mindboggling.
    Yeah, they are more like the equivilent of Deathwing really. I like em' but I think some people find them plain more due to the similarity between the units as many of therm are just weapon-swaps iwth little else to differentiate them but same could be said for space marines to be fair. Wth the extremis release they've already added a couple of more unique units so I think itll just take time for them to build up variety. As for price - I got ten liberators from the starterset for £15, so there is at least a more affordable option to build an army of them.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Yeah, they are more like the equivilent of Deathwing really. I like em' but I think some people find them plain more due to the similarity between the units as many of therm are just weapon-swaps iwth little else to differentiate them but same could be said for space marines to be fair. Wth the extremis release they've already added a couple of more unique units so I think itll just take time for them to build up variety.
    That's the big issue, really. It was like taking the same guy and swapping out his weapons, or attaching wings. Even the characters looked like that. It was actually less variety than Space Marines, where characters stand out more and you also have Scouts in the mix. If you have just an army of standard Marines, then yeah, that'll look pretty boring.

First Warhammer World AoS exclusive miniature, also the first Stormcast Eternal sculpt sans helmet. And they've painted him as a person of colour

It may be slowly, but things are improving at GW.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminds me of this badass, but elevated by Sigmar

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789