BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    That is not true. Page 11 Last Paragraph states that Warhammer Armies Books always Take precedence. You cannot have a Lord in Under 2k Points
    Page 132, Sidebar on the Left I believe...the book isn't in front of me, so I am going on memory.

*Edit- Its on page 134, the sidebar on left.
    Last edited by CitizenZero; 06-16-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Librarian

An important thing to remember as well, is that every army book is getting a errata for when the rulebook is released for general sale.

The first thing each might say is, "ignore pages x-y for army building resrictions, only use the percentages given in the main rules."

No sense in fighting over this now until everything is offically released.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    An important thing to remember as well, is that every army book is getting a errata for when the rulebook is released for general sale.

The first thing each might say is, "ignore pages x-y for army building resrictions, only use the percentages given in the main rules."

No sense in fighting over this now until everything is offically released.
    It says very specifically in the new rulebook to ignore the army composition charts in all of the Warhammer Army Books. It's shockingly explicit :O

I do agree with the spirit of your post however, I wouldn't bother about this if the answer wasn't already available.

Ok, had a look tonight. My first observation is that the book is far too large. People are going to have very serious problems with the binding within a month of buying it. This book wil fall to bits in no time at all.

I then turned straight to the Dispell section to see what Dwarfs get. Dwarfs now get +2 to all dispel rolls rather then extra dice. It does not mention Runesmiths so I dont know if they still add extra dice.

I also had a look at the spell cards. These were very nice. There appears to be ways to augment spells and each lore of magic sems to have its own common trait that happens every time you cast a spell from that lore, a kind of bonus side effect if you like.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

I was surprised at the number of things the rumors had wrong. They had a few things right but overall i thought there was going to be alot more changes.

Movement is basically the same.
    All guess ranges are gone.
    Artillery machines can only be shot at no crew. If panicked will hide under gun. If forced to break gun is destroyed.
    HtH is in Int order. Not Chargers first.
    Rank bonus is still only up to+3
    Charging gives a +1 to res
    Reforming is a lot more useful and easier to do. Many chances to do it for free, with big payoffs in HtH
    Flank charges should be easier. They limited the percentage of facing to the front rank making it easier to get those bigger units onto the sides.
    You can get two +1s for two flank charges and then another +2 for rear.
    Hoard rule is nice for fighting in an extra rank for units 10 wide.
    Stubborn for having more ranks of five than opponent is very nice.

I guess GW wants to sell more models.

Magic miscasts are insanely terrible. I foresee magic being diminished in the game.

Anyways first impressions are good for me. I think alot has changed but enough has stayed the same. I really think they may have struck a nice balance.

If anyone has any questions on the new rules, I am in a position to answer them...let me know...

What will the new magic rules mean for vampires? And is there some mention about army book specific magic (VC, DE, HE, OK),
    will the main book overrule the army codex for instance?
    but so far it sounds like we will be having a completely new game! Sounds very cool!

To anyone who can answer:

How do the allies rules work? Are they intended to link the armies of two or more players or do they permit armies composed from multiple army books? What are the limitations?

Would love to include some men and dwarfs in my Wood Elf army... Any info appreciated.

I do know that if Dwarfs are allies with any army that includes a magic user they loose the +2 to dispell attempts.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Stubborn for having more ranks of five than opponent is very nice.
    Oh bl**dy wonderful!

Let's really stick it to the Ogres... again. We are almost always outnumbered in this way and now we don't stand a cat's chance in a Skaven nest of breaking anybody.

Well that's it. All my Ogres are joining the Imperial Guard.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast