BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Heh, I don't think I've ever participated in an RPG campaign, in real life or on the net, (and I'm talking over 20 years here) that has actually finished. Don't they always peter out in the end?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kahoolin View Post
    Heh, I don't think I've ever participated in an RPG campaign, in real life or on the net, (and I'm talking over 20 years here) that has actually finished. Don't they always peter out in the end?
    Not really, I have played several that actually ended, though I will admit that simple dying out is fairly common.

On another note, how do the folks here who ave already expressed interest feel about my posting an alert and link to this thread in the main 40k discussion forum? I realize that technically it may be a mildly inappropriate use of the forums, but I feel it is justified given the somewhat neglected nature of this forum.
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Battle-Brother

Can't hurt to get some more interest in this, I guess.

Abbess Sanctorum

The most that I'd want in a game that I DM would be 4 players and myself, a smaller group is much easier to control and at the same time easier to give the spotlight on each individual player. We might have our characters part of a larger group, but the others are NPCs, and therefor expendable, unlike the player characters...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

So I got the Dark Heresy Core Rulebook, The Inquisitor's Handbook and Creatures Anathema through the post today and from the reading I've had chance to do so far they're pretty good for the fluff. The DH game doesn't look too bad either although I'll admit it's the best part of 20 years since I played a RPG!

Thanks for recommending I get them, well worth the money.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Librarian

As a heads up for those of you still interested in getting a DH game up and running, I intend to start dedicated efforts to get it off the ground, starting the beginning of next week.

So far we seem to have roughly 5 interested persons on this thread, though time differences seem likely to cut that down considerably. Having had experience with trying to coordinate games across multiple time zones, I can say that it rarely works smoothly and is never easy. In light of this I am thinking of trying to generate enough interest to start several games each one in similar time zones, however, that will be determined by what level of interest there is.

Fortunately, Melissa has kindly enough volunteered to act as GM for a game. However, given the busyness of the schedule she gave us, I think that, for her own sanity, we should see about finding another person willing to run for us, just to give her the option (unless of course she has her heart set on running it).

Abbess Sanctorum

If someone else is willing to do so, sure, they can. But I wouldn't mind running a game.

I'd use a Chatzy chat room ([url]www.chatzy.com[/url]) to roleplay in for simplicity's sake. All you need is a browser.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

No thanks. I think some things need to be done over the table.

Abbess Sanctorum

In which case you're wrong :P

Most of the best sessions I've ever had were online, not over the table.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    If someone else is willing to do so, sure, they can. But I wouldn't mind running a game.
    I mean no disrespect, if running a game is something you would enjoy doing then I would be very happy to have you do so. I am fully aware that you posses great depth of knowledge in both this game system in particular, and 40k lore in general, so I have every confidence in your abilities. It simply occurred to me that, from what you told us, you have a very busy RPG schedule, and might like the not want to accept the additional load of running a campaign if you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    No thanks. I think some things need to be done over the table.
    In an ideal world, I would agree, but that is simply not possible in this case.

As inconvenient as you might imagine they are, chat rooms are perfectly serviceable venues for roleplaying. They even offer some unique advantages; they allow easy tracking of rolls and other variables (one need only scroll back up in the conversation), and private person-to-person chats are great for GM sidebars and communicating secret information (they work brilliantly for Paranoia for expressly that reason).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast