BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Must... resist.... urge...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

TDA I understand if you don't go when you need to, you get cystitis (sp?).
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I would prefer to not have that.

EDIT: The background purist is twisting inside me, female Space Marines can't happen... It isn't physically (theoretically) possible to be a female Space Marine.

Chaplain

it is physically possible, look at history to take your cue on this, the amazons are properly the best known so it would stand to reason their would be a legion like them, anyway women have more flexible joints and a smaller frame making them very useful for a lot of things... any way they have female guard regiments

But you need a Y chromosome to be implanted with gene seed!

I'm not questioning the martial prowess of women, hell, I've had my fair share of slaps, what I am saying is that a female Space Marine is just not biologically possible in the background.

Chaplain

WTF MAN the emperor made the god dam marines if he wanted female warriors he would have just changed a few things around and their you go a all female legion. also add to the list smarter because lets face it they are

The background purist is twisting inside me, female Space Marines can't happen... It isn't physically (theoretically) possible to be a female Space Marine.
    Tell me again about how the Necrons are all soulless monsters, enslaved by the C'tan... Oh wait, there was that retcon that suddenly made the Necrons more than just metal Tyranids, and gave them a unique character and personality all of their own.

How about the Dark Eldar? The fluff there changed mightily, and also for the better. Background purity is only relevant until it isn't. The only question that needs to be asked of any fluff is "Is it awesome?" and female marines would be awesome. They need to make that change and make it now, because you know what - the whole boys' club thing might have been fun in 1987, but it's embarrassing in 2013. Whenever I see someone try to defend it to female gamers, I am reminded of Chris Rock trying to defend rap; he feels he's gotta, but knows in his heart he can't.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 01-16-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Tl;dr.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Heads:

The helmets are an obvious copy of Griffith's (from Berserk) Helmet. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragons13.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	3577

Librarian

it would be rather cool to see an amazon themed space marine female legion, would just be neat. I like the idea in general would be really neat. I like this idea but I am not a big fan of the heads. I can see why you would want boobs on it, while it may not be scientifically supportable, this is frelling 40k, get the stick out yer butt, your taking this too seriously. Not a fan of these head sculpts though, they just dont jive for me.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast