BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Yes well this is where your 20 cron blob fires 40 shots at whatever charges it. Versus MEQ = 25-ish hit, 12-ish do damage, 4-ish of the charging unit fail saves. Then your nobheid HQ challenges, uses mindshackle scarabs, and the unit champion or even worse, Kharne, starts smacking himself like a deranged 3-stooges character. The 6 remaining MEQs (call them CSM, my army) does 3A on the charge. So 9 hit, 5-ish wounds, you save 2 (3 die) of which 1 gets up - unless you have 4+ WBB or whatever it is called.

Your HQ then creams the 6 with his power stave thing.

Hooray! Yes I appreciate this is a slightly false scenario (who charges a full squad without a decoy etc) but against CC-orietanted armies shooting is temporarily king.
    I no use Warriors. Usually just Immortals. Who are dead good!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I no use Warriors. Usually just Immortals. Who are dead good!
    Preach the gospel!

I use Immortals as well.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

I use both. Warriors in greater numbers are incredibly hard to remove especially with a res orb. I once got 7 of them blasted by a D weapon and 5 came back on a 4+. Needless to say it took getting assaulted by BA to have them removed.

But Immortals are just dead hard and can weather a lot. Both troops choices are good IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12