BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Adeptus Sororitas missing!

The majority of the actual SoB models are "out of stock" on the GW site in the US...is it possible that we are nearing a release? Or are they just being dropped?

This happens every month or so. It's okay, they're just being restocked.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Battle-Brother

Yeah, I'd work on the theory that they're getting repacked, rather than re-launched.
    I know they're really popular on the forums (and with many of miniature designers) but I think it might take something really special to make GW produce a full codex again.

Not to mention, again, this has happened about once a month for the last three years I've been in this hobby, and every time people get super excited that a new release is coming, followed by them simply being restocked.

IIRC, all GW's minis are still manufactured in the UK, so they're probably just shipping a new batch over for you traitorous colonials.

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 02-19-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

I typed up a whole big response to that, and then decided that "haters will be haters". I own sisters, and this is my second go round with them. I like the army a lot, and would be willing to spend a good bit of money on re-sculpted plastic sisters...that's all.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I typed up a whole big response to that, and then decided that "haters will be haters". I own sisters, and this is my second go round with them. I like the army a lot, and would be willing to spend a good bit of money on re-sculpted plastic sisters...that's all.
    Indeed, I know for a fact, the only reason plastic sisters hadn't been done when I left GW was that, there were some aspects of the design that hadn't been cracked.
    I've said this before on other forums and been shouted down, but as someone who was actually there and party to some of those discussions, I can assure you it's a fact.
    There is plenty of mileage in a SoB army, and whilst it's not one of my personal favourites, there is a lot of love for it
    amongst 40k fans

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
    As one who once proudly owned an SoB army, I can say without reservation that the whole idea was sketchy. Nuns with Guns? Gals with 60's Pixie hair, boyish bodies with boobies, wearing Power Armor? And, those scantily clad naughty sisters with chainsaws? All of the arguments against Squats apply to SoB's. A concept that is at its core a politically incorrect joke. That would need a real revamp to make it plausible and appealing. Much less, less offensive. Add to that the ridiculous fiction this is supposed to be the army that appeals to (mythical?) 40K female gamers. Cause, you know, women are drawn to fanatical, sexually repressed, self-sacrificing boy/gals that are not nearly as good at their job as their manly, superhuman male counterparts. Oh, and the only reason they even exist is the Imperial Church can't have men in it's army. Except for the men who are the real bosses of the women. If GW, a company that is so sublime it has dudes in Power Armor riding wolves, and names EVERYTHING "Death(fill in the blank)" or "Blood(fill in the blank)" can thread this needle, I'll be amazed.
    No. Just no.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

I'm glad Mark could find the time in his schedule to speak on behalf of all Female Wargamers on what they really want. You really need a man's opinion for that sort of stuff.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Dorn View Post
    Indeed, I know for a fact, the only reason plastic sisters hadn't been done when I left GW was that, there were some aspects of the design that hadn't been cracked.
    I've said this before on other forums and been shouted down, but as someone who was actually there and party to some of those discussions, I can assure you it's a fact.
    There is plenty of mileage in a SoB army, and whilst it's not one of my personal favourites, there is a lot of love for it
    amongst 40k fans
    exactly, that is the only official word we have had so far, design issues. the mechanicum would appear to have solved some of those issues, so I am hoping that we will see the plastic sisters before too long.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast