BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 106 of 130 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1295

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    We know that stuff from the Hive Crone already, what we didn't know was the stats on the missiles. Strength 5 is pretty bad for anti-air missiles as they will need 6s to even glance the majority of flyers, but the re-roll (presumably it has Tank Hunters?) should help. What might make or break the missiles is what this "Pulse" effect does. Is it Haywire? Is it something else?
    IIRC, pulse is Haywire, translated from non-english. The reroll may be twin-linked or a "seeker" effect on the to-hit, and if it is Haywire, S5 doesn't matter much.

Exocrine being 24" is sort of short range, but not bad- it is just more of a Vindicator analogue than an artillery unit.
    Last edited by MajorWesJanson; 12-31-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    IIRC, pulse is Haywire, translated from non-english. The reroll may be twin-linked or a "seeker" effect on the to-hit, and if it is Haywire, S5 doesn't matter much.

Exocrine being 24" is sort of short range, but not bad- it is just more of a Vindicator analogue than an artillery unit.
    If that's true then the missiles are a lot better than I thought! The S8 Vector Strike was already pretty good, but being able to shoot one or two Haywire missiles each turn should be good. At 155 points and going off everything else we know, that would make the Crone a real steal for the points. We just have to hope its defensive stats aren't similar to the 5th Edition Harpy.

Agreed. Being Ballistic Skill 4 if it doesn't move plus 6 S7 AP2 shots or a S7 AP2 large blast is going to be downright nasty.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    If that's true then the missiles are a lot better than I thought! The S8 Vector Strike was already pretty good, but being able to shoot one or two Haywire missiles each turn should be good. At 155 points and going off everything else we know, that would make the Crone a real steal for the points. We just have to hope its defensive stats aren't similar to the 5th Edition Harpy.

Agreed. Being Ballistic Skill 4 if it doesn't move plus 6 S7 AP2 shots or a S7 AP2 large blast is going to be downright nasty.
    Bit of a shame its only S7 not 8 but I guess its more of a support weapon then a riptide equivalent
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Bit of a shame its only S7 not 8 but I guess its more of a support weapon then a riptide equivalent
    Yeah I was expecting the large blast to be Strength 8, but hey, if it has Ignores Cover or Ordnance then that would be sweet.

Really curious to see that we know so little about the Haruspex. These are the first solid rules rumours we've seen of it, and even they aren't that detailed.
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

the 6 S7 shots however is tasty, very, very tasty
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Oh dear god, this is hillarious,

The WD has an interview with cruddace.....and the fluff abominations continue

Apparently despite genestealers you know, having what 20 years of history about how they "subvert a targets DNA with their own"...don't actually have DNA....

What does this guy smoke? And can I have some?

oooo! back cover, the tyrant guard are almost as large as the swarmlord, looks like these are indeed on the 50mL bases and are bigger than the old ones

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Oh dear god, this is hillarious,

The WD has an interview with cruddace.....and the fluff abominations continue

Apparently despite genestealers you know, having what 20 years of history about how they "subvert a targets DNA with their own"...don't actually have DNA....

What does this guy smoke? And can I have some?

oooo! back cover, the tyrant guard are almost as large as the swarmlord, looks like these are indeed on the 50mL bases and are bigger than the old ones
    There's a size comparison picture in that HD video of the White Dwarf, it shows a new Warrior next to a new Hive Guard, and the Hive Guard's base is significantly larger. Definitely a 50mm, but the size difference almost had me believe they were on 60mms!

I'm not sure if I saw the same part, but apparently no Tyranids have DNA according to the thing I was reading. I was looking at it and thinking "huh, what?".
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

yeah that's it,

I think my favourite cruddace moment was always the 5th ed gargoyle entry, the one where it goes on about how they work their way through small confined ventilation shafts......before getting to the larger more open rooms, panicking and killing things around them in an attempt to get out of the room and the confinement.....the room they crawled through a ventilation to get into..... o.O

It was that one, or the self defeating hive fleets that "manipulated gravity" but slowed down, sometimes for generations once in system.....? huh!

edit: yeah thats definitely the 50 mm, carni is on the 60 and the warrior is on the 40
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-01-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Brother-Captain

Is the 'not having DNA' thing the genestealer being a tyranid virus delivery system? It seems unnecessary unless they're playing up the 'you can not conceive the Hive Mind's plans' angle.

With regards to Tyranids not having DNA: that doesn't mean that they don't have some sort of analogous replicating molecule/set of molecules.

For example, viruses don't have DNA, they have RNA (at least some of them)

Considering that Tyranids don't even originate in this galaxy it would make sense that they have evolved a different replicator molecule.

Genestealers could use this to hi-jack our DNA and subvert it to their desires maybe?