BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a rules only version of 8th (seperate from a box set)

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please

22 52.38%
  • No thank you

3 7.14%
  • I would buy both large and small books

14 33.33%
  • Ebay is my friend

3 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 8th Addition Rule Book Poll

Lets see what the general feeling on this is.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Librarian

I think there should be both kinds of books; even though myself personally, I'd only get a small one.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Veteran-Sergeant

I also think there should be both a BRB and a LRB. I believe this simply because not everyone is the same. Some people want a BRB with lots of fluff, like myself. And others want a LRB with just the rules, also like myself. Some people don't want to buy Island of Blood for the little rule book.

Although I am a bit of a fan boy, I totally understand not wanting to pay an arm an a leg for rules or models. I'll probably buy GW stuff until I die for many reasons, but one in particular, is that it brought me and my two life long best friends together. For that alone, I have a soft spot in my heart of GW.

In the end I think options for different rule books is the best bet.

Respectfully,
    DarkAngelHopeful
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Veteran-Sergeant

I couldn't see the harm in releasing a cheaper 'just rules book', I'm sure many in the communty would be pleased with this. Still, I guess that's what Ebay is for.
    Souls. Yum.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have seen the new rulebook with my own eyes and i would happily buy that over a small rule book-it is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by j-orge-287 View Post
    I have seen the new rulebook with my own eyes and i would happily buy that over a small rule book-it is awesome
    I agree. It is a thing of beauty.

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree that it is a beautiful book that's awesome- I just don't need its hobby content, and I don't need to lug that thing around whenever I want to play. Thus, I won't buy it (though I will enjoy perusing through it occasionally at my FLGS).

PS- It's 8th edition, not 8th addition.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight15624 View Post
    I agree that it is a beautiful book that's awesome- I just don't need its hobby content, and I don't need to lug that thing around whenever I want to play. Thus, I won't buy it (though I will enjoy perusing through it occasionally at my FLGS).

PS- It's 8th edition, not 8th addition.
    Cheers BK, didnt spot that.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by j-orge-287 View Post
    Same here, I just love the feel of a big harcover book with proper A4 pages, gets me all excited.

Now I like a big thick book as much as the next man, but you guys are going to have serious problems with the binding on that baby. The book is too thick for its own good and the binding will not be able to cope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast