BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default White scars conversion idea

Hi peeps,

I read the white scars fluff last night and loved the way they seemed to me almost monks and used to hide in the white sands of there home planet and attack the orks turning there robes red, and this gave me a cool idea for converting and modeling then painting white scars, without painting white...

I have gone and found the bits that will make my commander and would to know what you guys thik, I will type the idea here to give you a rough image and then add to this post as the model progresses, I intend to do my entire 1500pts this way so let me know if you think im being a muppet...

ok the commander is going to have a standard bike with the only bike alteration being on the front pannel as I will use the ravenwing front with the wings (no icon) then my commander will be sporting the ravenwing robed riders legs, a robed body with the aquilla showing at front and a hooded bare head, he will be stearing with his left arm and also have a storm shiled strapped to this arm, in his right arm he will be wielding a relic blade and for shoulder pads I would use the champion pads out of the command squad box

so my commander will be all monked (robed) up as per the fluff and riding his bike, with a twin linked boltgun for ranged and a relic blade and storm shield for the charge

NOTE: only the commander will be getting the ravenwing wings on the front of his bike, the rest of the army will be generic bikes

I then will paint the robes a mixture of white and red and also diffrent shades of red to show as per the fluff they have slaughterd someone along them way and are now blood stained

thanks in advance

Adeptus Custodes

Which Fluff do you mean in particular?

Pretty much every space marine chapter is monastic, altough its really only the Dark angels and their successors who dress like monks. The White Scars are more like Genghis Khan's Mongolian horde.
    More Necromunda please.

personally, I'm having a difficult time imagining the robes as you describe, but the idea of the conversion seems worthwhile as it also allows you to field it as ravenwing, if you were ever so inclined.

For the painting, I might recommend a couple of techniques that assist in indicating bloodshed. One is a smattering technique where you dip your brush in paint, and blow the paint off of the brush onto the surface of the model. Definitely practice before you go onto the model with a piece of paper. The other is much better for making a line of smattered blood. Again, dip the brush in paint, and with your finger, pull the bristles of the brush back, and let them spray the paint onto the model. As well, practice this, but they're some pretty easy techniques to use and pretty quick. You could use a few different shades on the same area to get a nice fresh look out of some of that blood.

If your idea is firmly in mind, test it out, post it, get some feedback. Taking on a nice, unique looking army like this would definitely be a challenge, so just make sure you're comfortable with the process.

Good luck!

thanks guys,

image:
    I would be using the DA robes from the ravenwing box and the vet boxes to give you an idea

grailkeeper:
    the background I was refering to is writen here [url]http://www.inisfail.com/40k3/ws-hist3.html[/url]

hope this helps

thanks again for the feedback guys

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    thanks guys,

image:
    I would be using the DA robes from the ravenwing box and the vet boxes to give you an idea

grailkeeper:
    the background I was refering to is writen here [url]http://www.inisfail.com/40k3/ws-hist3.html[/url]

hope this helps

thanks again for the feedback guys
    I meant more along the lines of your painting ideas for the robes.