BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

BRB only mentions Escalation as a source of rules for specific LoW. You do not need Escalation to field one, the slot is in the basic CAD.
    Also a lot of Codices nowadays come with different LoW not to be found anywhere in Escalation.

Veteran-Sergeant

Are the exarchs an inherent part of the unit or an upgrade like before?

Loving the thought of banshees not being over watched, same thing with 2W exarchs!

I believe they are still an upgrade, but much more likely to be worth it now.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'm wondering if the Aspect powers are inherent, or Exarch upgrades.
    You buy the exarch, you get the power apparently.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Today's Misfire. I *might* have relayed to Lexington that "yeah, this codex is nothing new to us Eldar players..." and he ran with it...

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Heheh, nice parody of the grief cycle.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Veteran-Sergeant

As an Eldar player I love everything about this dex.

Although; I can really relate to the comic strip. I actually chuckled out loud at the Starbucks. And my fiancé and a couple of other customers were all just like...o_ô

But again I feel like so much of that type stigma comes from the Crowd that doesn't really play friendlies and are more about max-mini lists. I won't be fielding 3 WKs unless it's a huge point game, and my WG will only be played in a pre-approved game or I'll just have an alternative list for people who grief about it.

But in my gaming experience I don't usually play those guys more than once anyways.

I wonder how many points the Claw and Executioner are, any word on mirror sword changes?
    Same with the dire sword? SO many questions that need to be spoiled!! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Subs View Post
    Somebodies cherry picking rules. If there's a LoW on the table, you play LoW rules. No if's, no buts, LoW's mean LoW rules as detailed in Escalation, just like the LoW reference says in the 7th Edition rules, you can play without Escalation if you don't have it but it's pretty clear through the whole game, if you want to play LoW's, it's best to get Escalation and use the rules there.
    There's no "cherry picking rules" here. Escalation is an optional supplement for specific types of games. The Lord of War rules in there got replaced by the rulebook. The FAQ/Errata for Escalation clearly states rules such as +1 for Seize the Initiative rolls and rolling on the LoW chart are only used in Escalation missions:

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/Warhammer_40000/Escalation_EN.pdf[/url]

The majority of the book is obsolete. Yes, it's still on the shelves. Doesn't matter. Stronghold Assault also tells you to ignore all the rules for buildings and use the rulebook. The Imperial Knights codex tells you to replace all super-heavy rules with the ones in the rulebook, and even changes the structure of the Imperial Knight formation.

Doesn't matter that they're still on shelves, 7th edition obsoleted all of their core rules within half a year (or two months in the Knights' case) of their release, and GW shows no interest in spending money to correct the books that they're still printing, instead figuring people will look online to find FAQ and errata to understand why their book has conflicting rules with the rulebook (and a lot of people, of course, won't think to do that... but hey, a "solution" exists, and since it does, why spend money to stop confusing players and inconveniencing them?).

Brother-Sergeant

O.K. I've absorbed all the information from the new codex and as an Eldar player i agree that it's power level is way above the rest of the other books.
    Generally I like the changes (except the scatterbikes) cause they have flavor and seem like a lot of fun, but I greatly disagree with the pricing of stuff.
    I won't play scatterbikes but to be honest, I would love to play formations, I want to play a wraithknight, maybe even some wraithguard here and there. I finally see so many possible lists and builds to play which I really like!
    Now I have a question for the complainers... Since I do agree with you, please tell me what YOU think the solution to this problem should be?
    Would you simply refuse games with me? Would you give me restrictions? House rules? I've already been thinking about giving opponents +150 pts in case I field a WK for example, but I'm not sure if that's a good way to work around the problem since everybody would have their own (and probably different) opinion about the pricing. That's why prices and rules should be written in stone by a competent designer with perfect sense for balance so all the disagreeing players can just stick to them. That's obviously not the case... So what now? I want to play, but I'm sick of feeling guilty when I win because I play Eldar.
    Should we just play by tournament rules in friendly games? Would that make it even? If not, what would?

I'm going to trust my opponents understanding that I don't play Powergamers twice, unless we've agreed a Beardfest between us.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast