BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Easily the best WH40K game ever

HOLY FETHING GAK DUDE THIS GAME IS AMAZING. Firstly the mix of close combat and ranged combat is superbly well done on the PC I really feel sorry for the guys that got it on the xbox, i started out using the xbox controller on my pc thinking it'd be more arcady, no, bad, bad move. a mouse is the way to go. Secondly, the graphics are amazing on the pc I literally drooled when i saw the opening scenes. Thirdly, so far the story line is amazing and I've only been fighting orks. I haven't even gotten to the CSM or daemons. Fourthly, the view you get of the battlefields of the imperium are sweet.

Two gripes though, but they are small ones, very very small ones. First you start off as a captain..... with a combat blade and a bolt pistol in power armor. Pretty much the most basic a marine can do. Secondly, multiplayer requires level 4 before you can start customizing.

Librarian

Well I guess you are talking about 'SPACE MARINE!'

waits patiently for EU release on friday.

on an ironic note.

the manager of the local GW asked about 10 of us in the store if we were going down for the announcement of who had won the armies on parade competition, and to do some gaming. everyone turned and said, pretty much in unison. "Sorry i can't as i will be to busy playing space marine"
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chapter-Master

The game is very, very fun.

The Campaign's introductory scene is nothing short of Epic. It has a really grandiose feel to it that is perfectly suited to the setting.

The Multiplayer mode is, at present, a mixed bag. I love the gameplay, I love the perks options and armour rewards. But the wait times to get into a game and the subsequent server lag have been atrocious. As long as they improve it, I'm in for the long, hopefully DLC-ridden, haul.

www.queencityguard.com

I'm gunna need some help getting to level 50 and unlocking all the armor segments.

Chapter-Master

HINT:

Play a private mach with a buddy

Oh, and BTW, the first DLC is up in the form of a Blood Ravens Armour Pack for .99 cents. Very, very cool.

I can see Relic/THQ/GW slowly bleeding me for 99 cents every week or so.

And I don't mind one bit
    Last edited by wittdooley; 09-08-2011 at 02:51 PM.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    HINT:

Play a private mach with a buddy

Oh, and BTW, the first DLC is up in the form of a Blood Ravens Armour Pack for .99 cents. Very, very cool.

I can see Relic/THQ/GW slowly bleeding me for 99 cents every week or so.

And I don't mind one bit
    I got it for free for pre ordering through steam.