BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    his name sounds awfully familiar to the RT guardsman who tried to fight hours in combat and was remembered forever or something like that.
    there is an honour given to guardsmen, indeed based off olanious the pious, who in the original story stepped in and sheilded the emperor, or distracted horus long enough for the emperor to strike back.
    he was written brilliantly i must admit, so much of the old fluff covered yet still relevant in the current post retcon stories. i love how a few of the books have mention of him too, maybe he will get a book of his own??

[URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ollanius_Pius#.UL0-iIa0OME"]here [/URL]has most of the info.

although Ol is said to have died, i think however he may indeed live on after the end of the heresy, just as a shodow figure. then again he may well be the 'immortal' on the golden throne.... you know since the emperor died and all that

If I remember my old fluff, he was an icon to the new Imperial Guard, who interjected between Horus and the Emperor, giving his life so the Emperor could land the killing blow?

Not bad for a single paragraph in an obscure WD!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

There is a part in "Angel Exterminatus" by Graham McNeil where an Iron Warrior named Kroger is reliving his past lives in various warzones throughout earth's history. There is a mention on page 375 about Kroeger (who was a German soldier named Franz at the time) fighting with an allied soldier in the trenches at Verdun in WWI named Olivier Pearsonne.

I think Oll Perrson is a "Old One" .. A Slann in human form just like the Emperor and John Grammaticus and other "Perpetual" (SP?).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I dunno.

John Grammaticus makes reference to the source of his own seemingly immortality, but it is certainly implied said method was not applied to Perrson.

I kind of hope they do a lot more with Perrson, perhaps along the lines of Garro?
    At risk of being a massive pedant, John is not immortal. Immortal means never dying/living forever. John dies numerous times, he just keeps getting resurrected
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

What the perpetuals are gets even stickier post betrayer. I'm friggin lost now. No idea what they are.

www.queencityguard.com

Scout

Did anyone try Oll Personn as "All perrson" that is an Eternal Champion kind of character (like in Moorcock's novels). Personne is French is "nobody" so he is no one in particular but seems to be an avatar of some sort
    my2cts

Librarian

the french refrence is only there as a sign that ol was fighting for the french during WW1, he is depicted as an argonaught and other way back refrences, he may actually have been the savage/native american/mayan in the same vision as olivier personne

although the nobody aspect does sound like GW even back in RT the inside jokes were quite open and sometimes blatant. Lion el johnson (the primarch with the dirty secret, he was a traitor and a coward) is a prime example.

Lol no evidence the lion is a coward - rather he may have fought against those trying to establish an alternate imperium instead of trying to go help the emp
    I think they just thought of some cool names and then added the primarch names as injokes
    So space wolves as Vikings then have Russ ( the rus were Viking descendants like the Normans) and dark angel sounded cool then they looked it up and found out about the poet
    Or salamanders - mythic fire salamanders were said to line in volcanoes so Vulkan
    Back to oll - it seems if a human dies but their body is intact enough and their soul gets put back in it they are created - it's as if their soul is made a LOT stronger so it doesn't dissolve and then gets drawn back in ( even if they want to die cf johns attempted suicide in legion)
    I'm not sure what happens if the body is totally destroyed though, or if they get some soul destroy voodoo done on them
    Btw oll seems to me likely to survive and become Fatidicus ( which just means prophet) an imperial guard officer who founds the temple of the saviour emperor )
    Scratch that - more like the unknown founder of the confederation of light
    Btw does anyone else get the idea that ADB wrote John as the guy sent for cyrene then realised the timeline was wrong or was told hand off by abnett so he just changed the name and bit of the personality ?
    Afaik in book time there is only a year or two left before the siege of terra so it seems bit dodgy cyrene not surviving HH
    Maybe these Perps are the real imperial saints who go public when needed to push along the deification of the emperor ? Of course we haven't seen any in m41 yet though I think that is because they hasn't established the idea then. I wonder of we will see any - maybe abnett in a ghosts novel or even this Bequin trilogy

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by mjasghar View Post
    Lol no evidence the lion is a coward - rather he may have fought against those trying to establish an alternate imperium instead of trying to go help the emp
    the lion was cut up about giving the siege engines to perturabo only for them to be used against the imperium, then kurze taunting him and his cowardace in "waiting out the fight" to see the easy way to stop whoever one.

remember there is aslo a 'cowardly' lion as well as a couragous lion.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast