BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What army options would you like to see in a new boxed set?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Imperial Guard vehicles (1 vet squad w/transport, Leman Russ, 2xSentinels, character) vs. Necrons

4 9.30%
  • Imperial Guard hybrid (inf. platoon plus some vehicles) vs. Tau (FW, Crisis suits, and a pirhana)

7 16.28%
  • Grey Knights (5 man strike squad, 5x terminators, character, and a flyer) vs Chaos (force like DV)

7 16.28%
  • Sisters of Battle (I know, ridiculous) vs. Eldar

25 58.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Why not pit Grey Knights vs Daemons? Maybe get a new chaos character / daemon prince

Librarian

Thats what I was thinking too, but i voted for the sisters, I think if GW ever get its plastic range in line this would be a killer set sisters of battle is one of my favorite yet neglected army

Sisters vs Necrons

2 armies that still need hard back codexes

Lord
    Warriors
    CCB/An Barge
    Immortals

Cannoness
    Battle Sisters
    Tank
    Jump Pack Sisters

Eldar vs Necrons Wave Serpent, Spiritseer, Guardians and Death Reapers (or whatever the ones with Missile launchers are called) for Eldar with Cryptek, Warriors, Destroyers and Ghost Ark for the Necrons. (Rough only as not got points costs to hand).
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Battle-Brother

Why would the Eldar and the Necrons ever end up in conflict? The Eldar live on their craftworlds and the Necron are like, all about taking planets, aren't they? Or is there something in the storyline I don't know about?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Battle 1-2 View Post
    Why would the Eldar and the Necrons ever end up in conflict? The Eldar live on their craftworlds and the Necron are like, all about taking planets, aren't they? Or is there something in the storyline I don't know about?
    1) Craftworld Eldar often get involved in conflicts to protect their planet-bound "exodite" kin.
    2) Eldar and Necrons hate each other from waaaaay back.
    3) Eldar frequently make decisions based on their farseers predictions, which can see them meddling in anyone's affairs.
    4) Anyone can want to steal technology, dominate a part of space (not necessarily just its planets), or just screw with a rival.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Ultramarines V Ultramarines in a tactical training programme.

Yes I'm kidding.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Sisters! Don't care who the opponent is...
    Sisters against anyone would be great but if I had a fave choice it would be Necrons for a rematch.

Chaplain

Can I say None of the Above and vote for an Inquisitor or Deathwatch boxset stand alone skirmish game(same scale as tabletop game) with tiles that are compatible with Space Hulk, coinciding with a Hardback Codex release for Inquisition/Assassins or a digital release for Deathwatch.

Battle-Brother

Default Great reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    1) Craftworld Eldar often get involved in conflicts to protect their planet-bound "exodite" kin.
    2) Eldar and Necrons hate each other from waaaaay back.
    3) Eldar frequently make decisions based on their farseers predictions, which can see them meddling in anyone's affairs.
    4) Anyone can want to steal technology, dominate a part of space (not necessarily just its planets), or just screw with a rival.
    Oooh, those are all EXCELLENT reasons! Any of them would make for an excellent novel, or even provide motivation for the Eldar to get involved in a major meta-tournament event like TauOnline used to do!

My hat is off to you, sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Gleipnir, do you have in mind basically a reworking of Space Hulk to represent room-to-room fighting by the Inquisition? With a chaos army on one side and Inquisition forces on the other?

I would totally consider buying that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast