BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Librarian

HOLY EMPEROR!!!

I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!!!

Seems it´s going to be AMAZING, even better than DoW
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

I think it could be tightened up in a few ways:

1. The marine dialogue/text sort of misses the mark as far as beng faithful to the setting. It could be a little more "Grand/heroic" and less "Lets get the job done".

A little more "For the Emperor" or "The Emperor sustains us"etc. the feel is just a tad off imho.

2. The lighting effects on weapons is a little OTT (and doesn't seem to be needed on some weapons like he combat knife/chainsword, but makes more sense on the power weapons), as is the blood splattering which is distracting/obscuring at times. I think dialing it back to 8-9 instead of the current 11 would suffice.

3. The Orks could use a little more variety as far as skins/clothing. It is very "clone-like" at times.

4. Why is it that when you cut or shoot a dude you have obviously absent wounds yet blood flying everywhere. This is very apparent at times such as when you slow motion cut an ork across the chest yet ypu leave no visable wound despite arcs of blood flying in everywhere. Sort of surprising since they went into so much detail to display wounds on the corpses once they hit the ground...

Pros:

1.The maps and setting very atmospheric and interesting. I love the crates and containers looking just like the ones GW sells, and the ork graffitti is comical.

2. I loved the machine that held the power axe relic, and the servo skull sequence was cool.

Looking forward to the full game.

Note: If you play the game on "Easy" you get fluffier marines as they become unstoppable....

Shas'o

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! I love that power axe, and the sound of the chain sword = satisfying. The stalker bolter is awesome, and can't wait to see all the other weapons. That jump pack strike is SWEET.

I just hope you can unlock an insane difficulty since hard is a little easy.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sukz Da Nob View Post
    I think it could be tightened up in a few ways:

1. The marine dialogue/text sort of misses the mark as far as beng faithful to the setting. It could be a little more "Grand/heroic" and less "Lets get the job done".

A little more "For the Emperor" or "The Emperor sustains us"etc. the feel is just a tad off imho.

2. The lighting effects on weapons is a little OTT (and doesn't seem to be needed on some weapons like he combat knife/chainsword, but makes more sense on the power weapons), as is the blood splattering which is distracting/obscuring at times. I think dialing it back to 8-9 instead of the current 11 would suffice.

3. The Orks could use a little more variety as far as skins/clothing. It is very "clone-like" at times.

4. Why is it that when you cut or shoot a dude you have obviously absent wounds yet blood flying everywhere. This is very apparent at times such as when you slow motion cut an ork across the chest yet ypu leave no visable wound despite arcs of blood flying in everywhere. Sort of surprising since they went into so much detail to display wounds on the corpses once they hit the ground...

Pros:

1.The maps and setting very atmospheric and interesting. I love the crates and containers looking just like the ones GW sells, and the ork graffitti is comical.

2. I loved the machine that held the power axe relic, and the servo skull sequence was cool.

Looking forward to the full game.

Note: If you play the game on "Easy" you get fluffier marines as they become unstoppable....
    Are you playing on PC or Console? Because on PC I noticed none of these problems.

Chapter-Master

I didn't notice any of them on XBox or PS3.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

No problems here. The looks are amazing, starting out looking at the vast Titan Manufactorum centre is epic. The sound is right as well. The bolter barks like a bolter. Walk slowly in an empty are and the sound of the marines heavy footsteps conveys everything.

My only concern is lack of execution variety. There only appears to be 2-3 per weapon. I mean they're awesome and f***ing brutal but they get a bit samey. I like having to "wrestle" with Nobs before you get their awesome executions. I hope on the executions with the thunderhammer is the same as from the oringinal DoW2 trailer, where he jumps on his shoulders and plays golf with his head
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

"Waits impatiently for ps3 version"
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Veteran-Sergeant

I feel like everyone is tap dancing around the real issue here, so I am just going to bring it up. Bomb squigs. There. I said it.

This is a game with bomb squigs. Do you really care about gun lighting or realistic wounds after they give you bomb squigs? No.

Overall, it is a really balanced and fun game. I like being able to easily switch between stalker, bolter, and assault. The jump pack is everything you could want it to be. The lame haircuts are even awesome because I picture the Ultramarines as kindof the nerdy Young Republicans of 40K. If you want to see a sweet haircut, just check out the mohawks and spikes on the Noise Marines.

I died to bomb squigs because I was too busy squealing with joy. Little bouncing frogs ftw.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Icant find it on steam ive been looking all day, and ive joined the honour guard but still nothing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast