BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Well, 40k did originate as a WD article for Warhammer. True story.

They've always shared some rules (stat lines, basic to hit and wound etc), but have never really been strictly compatible beyond that initial article.
    Oh for fun you could... even made up some interesting games as 2nd Ed. covered the use of "primitive weapons and armor". Even the PSI/Magic system was 100% interchangeable. The only 2 things that needed adjustments where cc and formations.

If you didn't mind getting your fantasy arse kicked
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Well while reading through that whole thing I caught this: "Warhammer is not supposed to be about min/maxing."

So either we have a really good fake or someone really is a GW employee. :P

I kid mostly but that did strike me as kind of funny to see.

Scout

I think there are a lot of half-truths to the article, which are the bait for everyone to start spreading the gossip. Do I feel that WHFB is going to move to a more skirmish style game completely? NO, but I think there are a lot of "attractive" elements for new players coming into the gaming hobby playing a more "skirmish style" game like 40k than having to spend quite a lot of coin and time to get an WHFB army up to scratch to really have fun.

I think that there is such a culture shift in general where the purist say; "well of course you need to paint 60 minis for your block of core...thats just the way it is." Where a lot of "younger and/or new players" see this as such a daunting task, and if the parents/guardians are shelling out the coin for this hobby, they would be more steered in the direction of 40k.

To sum up this sort of convoluted point, is that I feel looking at the Financial revenue stream GW wants, coupled with keeping the WHFB faithful happy, but making it more accessible to new players starting from scratch. I think that WHFB rules will do so you can play a skirmish based system ( similar but different to 40k), as well as playing the standard "Full Version" with some new rules to better balance the game for the WHFB Purist.

I for one who have always played 40k, recently fell in love with WHFB (dwarfs) and I love the amount of situational tactics you need to employ throughout the game, and the hiccups that come with it. Also being a fairly new player to WHFB, I also feel for the new players currently who feel like they need to shell out a ton of money and time painting all those models before even being able to play. Anything GW can do to make WHFB more appealing without completely destroying the differences of what make WHFB so great and interesting, I am totally on-board for.
    - Mobilis in Mobili

Librarian

Wow, that's elaborate. Someone's been working on all these answers for a while.

Yeah, it does look like half of a chat convo, but why remove the other half? If you're trying to protect someone, the one you wanted to protect is the one that had his posts copied!

If true, someone's losing their job. If false, well done hoaxer, you put in good effort.

Scout

Default l

.Will wonders never cease, I would love to track down the foundry that churns this crap out and picks up on half truths then adds 2 + 2 to get 5....

Nothing ever changes does it. Utter rubbish lol
    Last edited by booma; 04-11-2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: miss spelling

You can enable Warhammer to work in smaller games without Skirmishificating it
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I like what I've read. It could all be a joke but to me, it rings a bit true. The part about having 3 sets of allies to bring to a game sounds like $ in the GW bank. The wall of words seems a bit toooooooo long to be a hoax. I would have stopped a third of the way down if it were a fake. It just kept gooooooooooing onnnnnnn and oooooonnnnnnn. I do understand why most people are quick to call it a fake though. Even with all that, why not just take the trip down the rabit hole and see what effect it might have on the game. What will the % quotas have on "Deathstars"? What will 25% max allies, formation / other stuff have on the meta? Will the Beaststar still work? I know my current lists are a bit shy on troops and would have to adjust to get to the Minimum 20%, how about you? Also lumping the formations into the the 25% max, "other" could really make the new stuff that is pouring out of GW playable. One thing that raises and eyebrow for me as a Raven Guard player is the changes to jump packs. That seems to step all over the Raven Guard CT. Maybe they will be more inclined to release our mini dex now. All in all there is nothing about the 40k side of things that scares me. If this is legit, i saw bring it on.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    I like what I've read. It could all be a joke but to me, it rings a bit true. The part about having 3 sets of allies to bring to a game sounds like $ in the GW bank. The wall of words seems a bit toooooooo long to be a hoax. I would have stopped a third of the way down if it were a fake. It just kept gooooooooooing onnnnnnn and oooooonnnnnnn. I do understand why most people are quick to call it a fake though. Even with all that, why not just take the trip down the rabit hole and see what effect it might have on the game. What will the % quotas have on "Deathstars"? What will 25% max allies, formation / other stuff have on the meta? Will the Beaststar still work? I know my current lists are a bit shy on troops and would have to adjust to get to the Minimum 20%, how about you? Also lumping the formations into the the 25% max, "other" could really make the new stuff that is pouring out of GW playable. One thing that raises and eyebrow for me as a Raven Guard player is the changes to jump packs. That seems to step all over the Raven Guard CT. Maybe they will be more inclined to release our mini dex now. All in all there is nothing about the 40k side of things that scares me. If this is legit, i saw bring it on.
    its wouldnt be the most elaborate hoax we've seen.

before 6th dropped we saw an entire rulebook leak. It was a rules set that actually worked al right to be honest, and was certainly polished enough that you would belive it was a GW product.

as for me, I hope 7th is fake, dropping a few hundred dollars on rules that change dramatically in a year or two is not worth my money.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    This brings to mind that fake 40k rule set that was leaked before 6th. I find most of that hard to believe.
    Thing about Pancake edition, was most people loved it and wanted it. I wonder if people will like this version as well. Pancake 2.0
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast