BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Anyone know the base count for this? I was thinking of getting some Secret Weapon bases to use with these models to match the steel grating of the board tiles. I've found that it uses 25mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm and 75mm bike calvary bases, but not how many of each, especially the 25mm and 32mm. I haven't seen the number of bases in any unboxing articles yet...

9 32mms for Marines, 1 75mm oval, 1 40mm.
    1st and 2nd gen cultists are on 32mms, 3rd and 4th gen are on 25mms, not sure about the rest
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Andersp90 View Post
    Humans do not give birth to purestrains though.
    They do, or they did anyway, 4th Generation would give birth to full Purestrain Genestealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    They do, or they did anyway, 4th Generation would give birth to full Purestrain Genestealers.
    It's more complex than that though.

The father could be 100% human, and the mother a 4th Generation Hybrid. At this juncture, no, human's don't give birth to Purestrains.

Both parents could be hybrids - so again, strictly speaking, no human has given birth to a Purestrain.

But....If the father was a 4th Gen Hybrid, and the mother a 100% Human...then yes, a human can give birth to a Purestrain.

From memory, the exact mechanics aren't really explained in any detail. There's nothing to cover, for instance, what happens if 1st Gen and a 4th Gen knock boots. You could conceivably (pune!) get any Gen, including Purestrain out of that dalliance.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Lets hope when they get a codex all this stuff is described in more detail!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

As far as I remember, purestrains, 1st and 2nd generation hybrids could only use their ovipositors to reproduce with the host species. I don't recall anything about hybrids mating with other hybrids, the point being to expand the brood. 1st gen hybrids produce 2nd gen. 2nd gen produce 3rd gen. 3rd gen reproduce 'normally' with the host species, producing 4th gen, one of which becomes the magus. When a 4th gen reproduces with the host species, the offspring is a purestrain. When the brood contains enough purestrains, the depart the planet to start the process again.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's more complex than that though.

The father could be 100% human, and the mother a 4th Generation Hybrid. At this juncture, no, human's don't give birth to Purestrains.

Both parents could be hybrids - so again, strictly speaking, no human has given birth to a Purestrain.

But....If the father was a 4th Gen Hybrid, and the mother a 100% Human...then yes, a human can give birth to a Purestrain.

From memory, the exact mechanics aren't really explained in any detail. There's nothing to cover, for instance, what happens if 1st Gen and a 4th Gen knock boots. You could conceivably (pune!) get any Gen, including Purestrain out of that dalliance.

It is more explained than that.

First Genstealers do not breed with each other. Up to the 3th generation they implant genetic information via ovipositor into (in this case) a human who then breeds with another human and the result will be that the first child is a genestealer hybrid any further will be Brood breathren. Some third generation hybrids don't possess ovipositors and they are known as drones (they can still infect humans through their blood in an unexplained procedure). The genestealer infection alters the hosts natural reproduction cycle so a hybrid is produced it doesn't replace it they still need to copulate with another human afterwards.

4th generations use normal human methods to infect others however it isn't noted if this results in a standard Genestealer infection or an actual pregnancy style arrangement. It is noted that the first child is a purestrain and the rest human so I'd suggest the later.

A first and a fourth couldn't knock Boots they first doesn't have the right kit. It wouldn't do anything anyway
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Grimmas. I bow in the face of superior recall! I'd forgotten the 'urge to reproduce' bit amongst the brood producing hybrids of the relevant generation hybrids. It has been a while. Always had a soft spot for genestealer broods, hope they make a comeback off the chitinous back of this release

Well, I stand corrected
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I've still got the Old White Dwarfs so I dug them out and had a look when the new game was announced 😮
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast